Since I have used this Bible passage as an example of how the Lord God has positively influenced my overeating, this doesn't necessarily reflect the whole meaning of the verse. Debbie

COE Support Note:

If you REALLY want to read how Christ helped me throughout this weight loss and even when I was tempted, you should read some of the 100's of previous posts on https://christianovereaterssupport.blogspot.com/

How Did They Spend Their Last Day?

But if ye forgive men their trespasses, your heavenly Father will also forgive you: But if ye forgive not men their trespasses, neither will your Father forgive your trespasses. Matthew 6:14-15

The day after Christmas, a tornado came through our area and eight people lost their lives. Contemplating all this, I wondered how these people spent their last day in that it was the day after Christmas. I was mainly concerned, because I thought it would be the tendency of many and has been in my past to spend the day after Christmas trying to snag all the deals available.

I got to thinking that that isn't the way that I would want to spend my last day on earth, not that's what any of those people actually did or that it was wrong for them to do so. That got me to thinking about myself. If I had lost my life in the tornado on the day after Christmas, what would had I been doing?

Well, we started the day eating breakfast out with friends. Then, I came home and spent the bulk of the day on the computer recording information for taxes. Although none of us knows when it is our last day, that wouldn't be how I would want to spend my last day on earth. Ideally, I would have been spending it with family or friends and doing something worthwhile for others and for God, definitely not preparing our taxes! Fortunately for me, God forgives me for my worldly focus and gives me insights like these to show me when I am becoming too shallow.  How could I be judging what other people did on their last day, especially when my day was focused on worldly things. But if ye forgive men their trespasses, your heavenly Father will also forgive you: But if ye forgive not men their trespasses, neither will your Father forgive your trespasses. Matthew 6:14-15

Since I am applying these Bible Verses to my life, it may not convey the whole meaning of the verses. Debbie

Links to Other Blogs I Felt Led to Create Below: