Since I have used this Bible passage as an example of how the Lord God has positively influenced my overeating, this doesn't necessarily reflect the whole meaning of the verse. Debbie

COE Support Note:

If you REALLY want to read how Christ helped me throughout this weight loss and even when I was tempted, you should read some of the 100's of previous posts on https://christianovereaterssupport.blogspot.com/

The Effects of Sugar on My Temperament…

Galatians 5: 22 But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, longsuffering, gentleness, goodness, faith, 23 Meekness, temperance: against such there is no law.

Yesterday, I found myself being impatient with others several times during the afternoon. It seemed like the afternoon was dragging on, as well as my lack of patience. When thinking of it later, I was trying to be prayerful about why I was so edgy. I’m not usually like that.

Then, it dawned on me. We had a big family meal a couple of days earlier and I had made some sweet potatoes with brown sugar, etc., which is the next best thing to eating dessert, although I always rationalize it in my own mind. I did limit myself to one serving of the sweet potatoes each day, but when I’m being honest with myself the way God wants, each of those servings was equal to about three.

Since I’m hypoglycemic, I don’t handle sugar well. It makes me irritable, so it’s no wonder I was impatient that afternoon, although I was finding many other things besides the sweet potatoes to blame it on.

Fortunately for me, God shows me when I’ve let things, like sugary sweet potatoes, etc. to work a wedge in my relationship with God, my family and others. Once I turned these feelings over into God’s capable hands, these impatient feelings left me. Galatians 5: 22 But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, longsuffering, gentleness, goodness, faith, 23 Meekness, temperance: against such there is no law.

 Since I am applying these Bible Verses to my life, it may not convey the whole meaning of the verses. Debbie

Links to Other Blogs I Felt Led to Create Below: