Posted on Tuesday and Thursday mornings

Thursday, July 31, 2014

The Effects of Sugar on My Temperament…

Galatians 5: 22 But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, longsuffering, gentleness, goodness, faith, 23 Meekness, temperance: against such there is no law.

Yesterday, I found myself being impatient with others several times during the afternoon. It seemed like the afternoon was dragging on, as well as my lack of patience. When thinking of it later, I was trying to be prayerful about why I was so edgy. I’m not usually like that.

Then, it dawned on me. We had a big family meal a couple of days earlier and I had made some sweet potatoes with brown sugar, etc., which is the next best thing to eating dessert, although I always rationalize it in my own mind. I did limit myself to one serving of the sweet potatoes each day, but when I’m being honest with myself the way God wants, each of those servings was equal to about three.

Since I’m hypoglycemic, I don’t handle sugar well. It makes me irritable, so it’s no wonder I was impatient that afternoon, although I was finding many other things besides the sweet potatoes to blame it on.

Fortunately for me, God shows me when I’ve let things, like sugary sweet potatoes, etc. to work a wedge in my relationship with God, my family and others. Once I turned these feelings over into God’s capable hands, these impatient feelings left me. Galatians 5: 22 But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, longsuffering, gentleness, goodness, faith, 23 Meekness, temperance: against such there is no law. 

Since this is an example of the positive influence God has made on my overeating, this may not reflect the whole meaning of the Bible verse.


Weight Loss Tips Video: Diet Plateau Breakers-Six Diet Plateau Busters
by: Chris Powell through Vemma Bode Program via You Tube

I have decided to include Weight Loss Tip Videos instead of the Healthy Tips I have been doing prior to this to provide a wide variety of tips for weight loss. See Disclaimer. I, personally, lost the weight through prayer and good nutrition, and do not promote any weight loss gimmicks. Debbie

Disclaimer: Please consult a physician and be prayerful before considering any of the tips presented in these Weight Loss Tips Videos or their ads. I am not responsible for the content of the videos or their ads. Debra Seiling


Please click on comments below to share your joys, concerns, recipes, prayers, and miracles. Thanks!

Types of Christians Blog Link

How to Know Jesus Is God's Son