Posted on Tuesday and Thursday mornings

Thursday, July 17, 2014

The Advice of a Friend Fades…

The grass withereth, the flower fadeth: but the Word of our God shall stand for ever.Isaiah 40:8
There have been times when I had a dilemma that I’ve turned to God and to my friends for advice. I regret the times that I disregarded the instincts that God gave me and clung to the advice of my friends.

What I forgot to focus on was that God always knows the Big Picture, but my friends have a very limited view of things from a worldly perspective. There was a time I wasn’t clearly aware of this. When God blessed me by allowing me to lose 80+ pounds over 30 years ago, He showed me many lessons, primarily that He would take care of all my stress and concerns if I turned to Him instead of to food.

While I’m writing this, I realize that once that I stopped turning to food for consolation, I turned to my friends for this, instead. God isn’t wanting to fill the big whole in my aching self-esteem with another vice. He wants me to turn to Him in all things to heal me.

Not long ago, I found myself thinking of calling a friend with a concern that I had. Then, God reminded me that I don’t need to talk to a friend whose advice fades, but turn to my Savior who ultimately sees the Big Picture and knows what is best for me and my family. The grass withereth, the flower fadeth: but the Word of our God shall stand for ever. Isaiah 40:8

Since this is an example of the positive influence God has made on my overeating, this may not reflect the whole meaning of the Bible verse.


Weight Loss Tips Video: Say NO to Temptations this week!
by: MariasHealthyLiving via You Tube

I have decided to include Weight Loss Tip Videos instead of the Healthy Tips I have been doing prior to this to provide a wide variety of tips for weight loss. See Disclaimer. I, personally, lost the weight through prayer and good nutrition, and do not promote any weight loss gimmicks. Debbie

Disclaimer: Please consult a physician and be prayerful before considering any of the tips presented in these Weight Loss Tips Videos or their ads. I am not responsible for the content of the videos or their ads. Debra Seiling


Please click on comments below to share your joys, concerns, recipes, prayers, and miracles. Thanks!

Types of Christians Blog Link

How to Know Jesus Is God's Son

Jesus Calls You, But Do Your Actions Say You Don't Desire Him?