Since I have used this Bible passage as an example of how the Lord God has positively influenced my overeating, this doesn't necessarily reflect the whole meaning of the verse. Debbie

COE Support Note:

If you REALLY want to read how Christ helped me throughout this weight loss and even when I was tempted, you should read some of the 100's of previous posts on https://christianovereaterssupport.blogspot.com/

The Advice of a Friend Fades…

The grass withereth, the flower fadeth: but the Word of our God shall stand for ever.Isaiah 40:8
There have been times when I had a dilemma that I’ve turned to God and to my friends for advice. I regret the times that I disregarded the instincts that God gave me and clung to the advice of my friends.

What I forgot to focus on was that God always knows the Big Picture, but my friends have a very limited view of things from a worldly perspective. There was a time I wasn’t clearly aware of this. When God blessed me by allowing me to lose 80+ pounds over 30 years ago, He showed me many lessons, primarily that He would take care of all my stress and concerns if I turned to Him instead of to food.

While I’m writing this, I realize that once that I stopped turning to food for consolation, I turned to my friends for this, instead. God isn’t wanting to fill the big whole in my aching self-esteem with another vice. He wants me to turn to Him in all things to heal me.

Not long ago, I found myself thinking of calling a friend with a concern that I had. Then, God reminded me that I don’t need to talk to a friend whose advice fades, but turn to my Savior who ultimately sees the Big Picture and knows what is best for me and my family. The grass withereth, the flower fadeth: but the Word of our God shall stand for ever. Isaiah 40:8

Links to Other Blogs I Felt Led to Create Below: