Posted on Tuesday and Thursday mornings

Tuesday, July 8, 2014

Walking the Higher Road…

2 Corinthians 4: 1 Therefore seeing we have this ministry, as e have received mercy, we faint not; 2 But have renounced the hidden things of dishonesty, not walking in craftiness, nor handling the word of God deceitfully; but by manifestation of the truth commending ourselves to every man’s conscience in the sight of God.

I was recently in a public place where I crossed the path of someone who had previously been unkind to me, years ago. I could remember exactly what this person had done and how it caused me lots of stress. Did it cause me to want to eat over it? Not this time. Fortunately for me, God took care of my feelings and led me to walk the higher road.

It crossed my mind ever so briefly, to ignore that person for the rest of the time I was there, but God was there leading me on the better path. I noticed that she was going to be sitting all by herself, when God had the idea in my mind that I should ask her if she would like to come join us and she did.

Thinking of this episode later in amazement, I realized that God leads me in directions that I might not have gone, had He not intervened against my very human nature. Additionally, God gave me the thought that I need to focus on forgiving her for what she had done years ago. He doesn’t want me harboring negative feelings against anyone. It only eats at me and leads me to want to eat. 2 Corinthians 4: 1 Therefore seeing we have this ministry, as e have received mercy, we faint not; 2 But have renounced the hidden things of dishonesty, not walking in craftiness, nor handling the word of God deceitfully; but by manifestation of the truth commending ourselves to every man’s conscience in the sight of God.

Since this is an example of the positive influence God has made on my overeating, this may not reflect the whole meaning of the Bible verse.


Weight Loss Video: My Weight Loss Story-How I Lost 60lbs/Tips & Motivation/Before & Afters
by: amynicolaox via You Tube

I have decided to include Weight Loss Tip Videos instead of the Healthy Tips I have been doing prior to this to provide a wide variety of tips for weight loss. See Disclaimer. I, personally, lost the weight through prayer and good nutrition, and do not promote any weight loss gimmicks. Debbie

Disclaimer: Please consult a physician and be prayerful before considering any of the tips presented in these Weight Loss Tips Videos or their ads. I am not responsible for the content of the videos or their ads. Debra Seiling


Please click on comments below to share your joys, concerns, recipes, prayers, and miracles. Thanks!

Types of Christians Blog Link

How to Know Jesus Is God's Son