Posted on Tuesday and Thursday mornings

Thursday, July 10, 2014

Do I Ask God to Heal My Heart?

1 Peter 2: 24 Who His own self bare our sins in His own body on the tree, that we, being dead to sins, should live unto righteousness: by whose stripes ye were healed. 25 For ye were as sheep going astray; but are now returned unto the Shepherd and Bishop of your souls.

Something I’ve been doing over the past couple of years is praying for God to heal the hearts of those who are frustrated, hurt, or angry over something. Every time I see these people at a later date, they seem to be much calmer and less frustrated, hurt, or angry.

Do I ask God to do the same for me? I’m not sure that I always do. I think it’s those times when food is calling my name when it usually wouldn’t have, I must have missed an opportunity to turn some frustration, hurt, or anger over to God’s very capable hands.

Fortunately, it’s never too late to turn things over to God. After I started nibbling on some remaining pie that stuck to the pie plate, I asked God to heal me and He did. 1 Peter 2: 24 Who His own self bare our sins in His own body on the tree, that we, being dead to sins, should live unto righteousness: by whose stripes ye were healed. 25 For ye were as sheep going astray; but are now returned unto the shepherd and Bishop of your souls.


Since this is an example of the positive influence God has made on my overeating, this may not reflect the whole meaning of the Bible verse.


Weight Loss Tips Video: Motivational Weight Loss Journey-Gary Baumgarten
by: Gary Baumgarten through Curt Ferg via You Tube

I have decided to include Weight Loss Tip Videos instead of the Healthy Tips I have been doing prior to this to provide a wide variety of tips for weight loss. See Disclaimer. I, personally, lost the weight through prayer and good nutrition, and do not promote any weight loss gimmicks. Debbie

Disclaimer: Please consult a physician and be prayerful before considering any of the tips presented in these Weight Loss Tips Videos or their ads. I am not responsible for the content of the videos or their ads. Debra Seiling


Please click on comments below to share your joys, concerns, recipes, prayers, and miracles. Thanks!

Types of Christians Blog Link

How to Know Jesus Is God's Son

Jesus Calls You, But Do Your Actions Say You Don't Desire Him?