Since I have used this Bible passage as an example of how the Lord God has positively influenced my overeating, this doesn't necessarily reflect the whole meaning of the verse. Debbie

COE Support Note:

If you REALLY want to read how Christ helped me throughout this weight loss and even when I was tempted, you should read some of the 100's of previous posts on https://christianovereaterssupport.blogspot.com/

Do I Ask God to Heal My Heart?

1 Peter 2: 24 Who His own self bare our sins in His own body on the tree, that we, being dead to sins, should live unto righteousness: by whose stripes ye were healed. 25 For ye were as sheep going astray; but are now returned unto the Shepherd and Bishop of your souls.

Something I’ve been doing over the past couple of years is praying for God to heal the hearts of those who are frustrated, hurt, or angry over something. Every time I see these people at a later date, they seem to be much calmer and less frustrated, hurt, or angry.

Do I ask God to do the same for me? I’m not sure that I always do. I think it’s those times when food is calling my name when it usually wouldn’t have, I must have missed an opportunity to turn some frustration, hurt, or anger over to God’s very capable hands.

Fortunately, it’s never too late to turn things over to God. After I started nibbling on some remaining pie that stuck to the pie plate, I asked God to heal me and He did. 1 Peter 2: 24 Who His own self bare our sins in His own body on the tree, that we, being dead to sins, should live unto righteousness: by whose stripes ye were healed. 25 For ye were as sheep going astray; but are now returned unto the shepherd and Bishop of your souls.

Since I am applying these Bible Verses to my life, it may not convey the whole meaning of the verses. Debbie

Links to Other Blogs I Felt Led to Create Below: