Since I have used this Bible passage as an example of how the Lord God has positively influenced my overeating, this doesn't necessarily reflect the whole meaning of the verse. Debbie

COE Support Note:

If you REALLY want to read how Christ helped me throughout this weight loss and even when I was tempted, you should read some of the 100's of previous posts on https://christianovereaterssupport.blogspot.com/

Dragging Through the Day, The Sugar I Had Eaten Made Me Weak…

Now we exhort you, brethren, warn them that are unruly, comfort the feeble minded, support the weak, be patient toward all men. 1 Thessalonians 5: 14

In the last blog post, I told you about a big family meal where I had eaten sugary sweet potatoes. I never think of it as a sweet, because it’s not a dessert, but it sure tastes like one. After being impatient with others the day before, I turned that over into God’s very capable hands and stopped eating the sweet potatoes that are still sitting in my fridge. I really should throw them out, because I’m the one who is tempted by them.

Anyway, this afternoon, I got so weak that I could barely keep my eyes open and didn’t know how I was going to make it through until the evening. I was trying to determine if I was sick, but realized that what I was feeling was the old sugar drain on my system. You wouldn’t think that the sugary sweet potatoes could do that, but they sure did.

God had me realize what I had done to my body by eating extra-large servings of the sweet potatoes for three days. I started to realize that this is how I used to feel when I let sugar and treats rule my life. Now, I let the Lord heal my life, and my body, my stress, my food, and my eating and I don’t have to deal with dragging through the day. He is my strength even when I am weak. Now we exhort you, brethren, warn them that are unruly, comfort the feeble minded, support the weak, be patient toward all men. 1 Thessalonians 5: 14

Links to Other Blogs I Felt Led to Create Below: