Posted on Tuesday and Thursday mornings

Tuesday, July 22, 2014

Worried About Having Enough Food

 He shall feed His flock like a Shepherd: He shall gather the lambs with His arm, and carry them in His bosom, and shall gently lead those that are with young. Isaiah 40:11

When I read this verse, I was reading it with the mind of a person with compulsive overeating tendencies. It reminded me of the days when I was worried that I wouldn’t have enough food to eat or enough money to purchase the food needed for my family. In either case, I was stressed over having enough food.

If I were totally focusing on Christ, my Shepherd, I would have remembered that He would take care of my family and my needs. He would provide enough food for us, although not steak every night.

I’m ashamed to say, I wasn’t being a very good example of my faith when I spent so much time focused on food and having enough. I am very blessed that Jesus forgives my failings and leads me back into His flock. He shall feed His flock like a Shepherd: He shall gather the lambs with His arm, and carry them in His bosom, and shall gently lead those that are with young. Isaiah 40:11

Since this is an example of the positive influence God has made on my overeating, this may not reflect the whole meaning of the Bible verse.


Weight Loss Tips Video: Hitting a weight loss plateau
by: bodysoulandbeyond's channel via You Tube

I have decided to include Weight Loss Tip Videos instead of the Healthy Tips I have been doing prior to this to provide a wide variety of tips for weight loss. See Disclaimer. I, personally, lost the weight through prayer and good nutrition, and do not promote any weight loss gimmicks. Debbie

Disclaimer: Please consult a physician and be prayerful before considering any of the tips presented in these Weight Loss Tips Videos or their ads. I am not responsible for the content of the videos or their ads. Debra Seiling


Please click on comments below to share your joys, concerns, recipes, prayers, and miracles. Thanks!

Types of Christians Blog Link

How to Know Jesus Is God's Son

Jesus Calls You, But Do Your Actions Say You Don't Desire Him?