Since I have used this Bible passage as an example of how the Lord God has positively influenced my overeating, this doesn't necessarily reflect the whole meaning of the verse. Debbie

COE Support Note:

If you REALLY want to read how Christ helped me throughout this weight loss and even when I was tempted, you should read some of the 100's of previous posts on https://christianovereaterssupport.blogspot.com/

Worried About Having Enough Food

 He shall feed His flock like a Shepherd: He shall gather the lambs with His arm, and carry them in His bosom, and shall gently lead those that are with young. Isaiah 40:11

When I read this verse, I was reading it with the mind of a person with compulsive overeating tendencies. It reminded me of the days when I was worried that I wouldn’t have enough food to eat or enough money to purchase the food needed for my family. In either case, I was stressed over having enough food.

If I were totally focusing on Christ, my Shepherd, I would have remembered that He would take care of my family and my needs. He would provide enough food for us, although not steak every night.

I’m ashamed to say, I wasn’t being a very good example of my faith when I spent so much time focused on food and having enough. I am very blessed that Jesus forgives my failings and leads me back into His flock. He shall feed His flock like a Shepherd: He shall gather the lambs with His arm, and carry them in His bosom, and shall gently lead those that are with young. Isaiah 40:11

Links to Other Blogs I Felt Led to Create Below: