Since I have used this Bible passage as an example of how the Lord God has positively influenced my overeating, this doesn't necessarily reflect the whole meaning of the verse. Debbie

COE Support Note:

If you REALLY want to read how Christ helped me throughout this weight loss and even when I was tempted, you should read some of the 100's of previous posts on https://christianovereaterssupport.blogspot.com/

So, When Is the End?

But of that day and that hour knoweth no man, no, not the angels which are in heaven, neither the Son, but the Father. Mark 13:


It would be nice if I could answer that question for you, but I can't.  So, let's think about this statement from Jesus. If Jesus says that He doesn't know the exact time of the end, but only His heavenly Father does, should we trust others who profess to know when the end is?

Sure, I could eat myself silly in worry of the end, but that's counterproductive. Christ wants us to spend our lives focused on living as examples of our faith in Him and not be caught sleeping unaware when the end does arise.

Sure there are lots of signs in the Bible and some have come to pass, but will that lead particular people to be able to determine the end of the world? Again, if Christ doesn't know the exact time of the end, do you think our Creator, His Father, is going to let some person or group be privy to the exact end of the world if He didn't share it with Jesus?

I shy away from conversations about the latest predictions about when the end of the world is.  I feel they are counterproductive, as well.  Although each day the end is one day closer, Christ suggests we stay clear of people who predict the date of such things and focus on trying to live as examples of Christ's influence on our lives. But of that day and that hour knoweth no man, no, not the angels which are in heaven, neither the Son, but the Father. Mark 13:

Since this is an example of the positive influence God has made on my overeating, this may not reflect the whole meaning of the Bible verse.

Links to Other Blogs I Felt Led to Create Below: