Since I have used this Bible passage as an example of how the Lord God has positively influenced my overeating, this doesn't necessarily reflect the whole meaning of the verse. Debbie

COE Support Note:

If you REALLY want to read how Christ helped me throughout this weight loss and even when I was tempted, you should read some of the 100's of previous posts on https://christianovereaterssupport.blogspot.com/

The Opinions of the Foolish

He that walketh with wise men shall be wise: but a companion of fools shall be destroyed. Proverbs 13:20

I've seen this to be true on so many levels. I've seen strong students paired with weak students, and after awhile, the strong students started taking on the negative attributes of the weak students. I've seen couples where one is basically sane and has good logic start to be suspicious in keeping with the spouse's paranoid views. I've been among a group of overeaters who rationalized their having calorie laden unhealthy meals followed by frivolous dessert options, because they deserved it!

What I've found that after awhile, the far-fetched opinions of the foolish start sounding logical after awhile. That doesn't mean a person has to eat gruel all the time and always do without, but our bodies thrive on a healthy balance.

I find that it's easier for me to stay on my food program when I am around others who won't be pushing food options on me or make me feel guilty for trying to eat in a healthy manner. I don't want to become a Foolish Christian swayed by the illogical thoughts of others. He that walketh with wise men shall be wise: but a companion of fools shall be destroyed. Proverbs 13:20

Links to Other Blogs I Felt Led to Create Below: