Since I have used this Bible passage as an example of how the Lord God has positively influenced my overeating, this doesn't necessarily reflect the whole meaning of the verse. Debbie

COE Support Note:

If you REALLY want to read how Christ helped me throughout this weight loss and even when I was tempted, you should read some of the 100's of previous posts on https://christianovereaterssupport.blogspot.com/

Embarrassed Because I Don't Know Enough, but Comment Anyway

The tongue of the wise useth knowledge aright: but the mouth of fools poureth out foolishness. Proverbs 15:2

There are times where I let pride get in the way and I enter into conversations about which I know little about. Do I admit this to the people I'm with? No! I embarrassed and just fake my way through it trying to act as though I know exactly what they are talking about and have very pertinent things to add to the conversation, but I really don't.

Well, I think that I do this same thing with my faith. I become a Faking My Way Through It Christian trying to bluff my way through some Christian conversations that are far out of my league of understanding. Now, if we were talking about the negative effects of overeating on a person's self-esteem, it would be right down my alley, because I have first-hand experience with that.

You would think with reading the Bible from cover to cover so many times, I would be able to hold my own on these conversations. Unfortunately, people get into some heated discussions that are far out of the realm of what I've read in the Bible or the interpretations that God's given me on the passages as I've read. I have to be more open to being completely honest and sharing that I don't feel comfortable commenting on those topics until I've done more research on them. The tongue of the wise useth knowledge aright: but the mouth of fools poureth out foolishness. Proverbs 15:2

Links to Other Blogs I Felt Led to Create Below: