Posted on Tuesday and Thursday mornings

Thursday, July 9, 2015

Delayed Gratification???

But when thou makest a feast, call the poor, the maimed, the lame, and the blind. And thou shalt be blessed for they cannot recompense thee: for thou shalt be recompensed at the resurrection of the just. Luke 14:13-14

I never was good at delayed gratification. When I had a dime, I walked to The Creamery and bought two nickel cones. I had to have them now! When I earned some money, I bought candy and flaunted it in front of my siblings. It's interesting that my idea of gratification seems to revolve around food. Hmmmm!

I've had big dinners at my house, but focused on inviting my friends and family to share in the event with me. It makes me sad to think of how shallow I have been over the years.  I have thought more about what gives me pleasure than what gives God pleasure.

It would have been easy enough to invite someone who might not have been included in a holiday meal, someone who feels alone, someone who....  I don't really want to make these changes in my shallow life just so I get a reward in heaven.  I want to do it out of love for my Savior who gave His all for me and for them. But when thou makest a feast, call the poor, the maimed, the lame, and the blind. And thou shalt be blessed for they cannot recompense thee: for thou shalt be recompensed at the resurrection of the just. Luke 14:13-14

Since this is an example of the positive influence God has made on my overeating, this may not reflect the whole meaning of the Bible verse.


Weight Loss Tips Video: Weight Loss Success
By: Siddiqu "The Personal Trainer", Dora Dozier via You Tube

I have decided to include Weight Loss Tip Videos instead of the Healthy Tips I have been doing prior to this to provide a wide variety of tips for weight loss. See Disclaimer. I, personally, lost the weight through prayer and good nutrition, and do not promote any weight loss gimmicks. Debbie

Disclaimer: Please consult a physician and be prayerful before considering any of the tips presented in these Weight Loss Tips Videos or their ads. I am not responsible for the content of the videos or their ads. Debra Seiling



Please click on comments below to share your joys, concerns, recipes, prayers, and miracles. Thanks!

Christ's Grace Abounds

Bible Study: Relating the Bible to YOUR Life! Link

Bible Study: Relating the Bible to YOUR Life! Link
Easy Bible Study to Learn to Make Bible to Self, Text, World, and Media Connections

Translate

Heifer International.org

Heifer International.org
A Gift of an Animal Can Change People's Lives