Posted on Tuesday and Thursday mornings

Thursday, July 16, 2015

A Sarcastic Reply Isn't What God Wants of Me

A soft answer turneth away wrath: but grievous words stir up anger. Proverbs 15:1

You wouldn't believe how many times I've been a Sarcastic Christian. Well-meaning people have come up to me over the years, especially when I was grossly overweight and say something they think is helpful like: "Your clothes would fit better if you'd only use a little will power!" Well.... something about their well-meaning comments pulled my strings, because I would find myself responding with some type of sarcastic reply.

I don't that I was trying to be hurtful, but more to draw light to the fact that their well-meaning comment was less than supportive and felt very judgmental. Was I being the Christian example that Christ wants me to be of His positive influence in my life? Hardly not!

I've had to be prayerful about this one, especially when well-meaning people share little tidbits of wisdom that they feel will enlighten your life. I need to be gracious in my response the way Christ would want me to and not be antagonistic through a sarcastic response. A soft answer turneth away wrath: but grievous words stir up anger. Proverbs 15:1

Since this is an example of the positive influence God has made on my overeating, this may not reflect the whole meaning of the Bible verse.


Weight Loss Tips Video:n How You Really Lose Weight
by: BuzzFeedBlue via You Tube

I have decided to include Weight Loss Tip Videos instead of the Healthy Tips I have been doing prior to this to provide a wide variety of tips for weight loss. See Disclaimer. I, personally, lost the weight through prayer and good nutrition, and do not promote any weight loss gimmicks. Debbie

Disclaimer: Please consult a physician and be prayerful before considering any of the tips presented in these Weight Loss Tips Videos or their ads. I am not responsible for the content of the videos or their ads. Debra Seiling



Please click on comments below to share your joys, concerns, recipes, prayers, and miracles. Thanks!

Types of Christians Blog Link

How to Know Jesus Is God's Son

Jesus Calls You, But Do Your Actions Say You Don't Desire Him?