Since I have used this Bible passage as an example of how the Lord God has positively influenced my overeating, this doesn't necessarily reflect the whole meaning of the verse. Debbie

COE Support Note:

If you REALLY want to read how Christ helped me throughout this weight loss and even when I was tempted, you should read some of the 100's of previous posts on https://christianovereaterssupport.blogspot.com/

My Skinny Pants Fit, Now What?

And He [Jesus] said unto them in His doctrine, Beware of the scribes, which love to go in long clothing, and love salutations in the marketplaces, And the chief seats in the synagogues, and the uppermost rooms at feasts: Mark 12:38-39

Now, this passage doesn’t exactly speak to this, but this is how I applied it to my life. And He [Jesus] said unto them in His doctrine, Beware of people, who love to go out in skinny pants and get a big head, showing off in front of others!

I feel God’s trying to help me come to terms with my body being thinner, but to be balanced about it. First, I was hiding behind my baggy clothes, so others couldn’t see my body was thinner. (I say thinner, because even though I’m thinner, I still have the left over bumps and bulges from having been heavy all those years. I used to be upset by them, but have come to realize that I am very blessed to have them, because they are a part of the miracle that Christ has worked in my body!)

It might seem funny that I’m discussing all of this when God allowed me to lose 80+ pounds over 30 years ago. Well, I obviously didn’t come to terms with all these issues then, because they have been reoccurring themes in the last years as I struggled with the last 20 pounds I had regained. I feel God’s been showing me that although I put many things into His very capable hands, there are still some things that I still continue to stress over.

Lately, since God’s been showing me this, I’ve been trying to put undue hunger pangs in His hands rather than nibbling over whatever was stressing me. Last night, it was time for bed and I really wanted to get a bag of tortilla chips. I prayerfully contemplated it. I had eaten enough for each meal, so I really shouldn’t be hungry. That let me know that it was stress that was gnawing at my stomach-not hunger! Once God showed me this, I was able to turn those issues over to God’s capable hands.

In the meantime, God’s allowed me to lose those pounds I’ve been struggling with, although I hadn’t really thought much about it. I need to continue to put issues of stress into God’s hands so that I don’t go slip-sliding back into unproductive patterns. And He [Jesus] said unto them in His doctrine, Beware of the scribes, which love to go in long clothing, and love salutations in the marketplaces, And the chief seats in the synagogues, and the uppermost rooms at feasts: Mark 12:38-39

Links to Other Blogs I Felt Led to Create Below: