Since I have used this Bible passage as an example of how the Lord God has positively influenced my overeating, this doesn't necessarily reflect the whole meaning of the verse. Debbie

COE Support Note:

If you REALLY want to read how Christ helped me throughout this weight loss and even when I was tempted, you should read some of the 100's of previous posts on https://christianovereaterssupport.blogspot.com/

I Want God on My Side

2 Corinthians 4: 8 We are troubled on every side, yet not distressed; we are perplexed, but not in despair; 9 Persecuted, but not forsaken; cast down, but not destroyed.

Last weekend, I was saying my prayers and was concerned about someone who goes out of their way to do things against me. I used to eat over things of this nature, but now I try to turn them over into God’s very capable hands. In my prayer, I asked God to be on my side. That got me to thinking. Am I an “I Want Christ on My Side Christian”?

Asking something like this of God is like asking a parent to love you more and give you your way instead of your sibling. Fortunately for me, God sees beyond my selfish ways and shows me what I was asking. Just like the impartial parent who can’t say they love one child more than the other, giving one child everything they want, but neglecting the needs of the other, God is there for all of us, Christian and otherwise.

Christ is there loving us even when we don’t know Him and His abounding love for us, just the way we are. He loves us even when we can’t be there for ourselves. He loves us even when it feels some people are contrary and are spiteful to us. He also loves us enough to want us to be in healthy relationships. He never lets us down, although we don’t always get things the way we prayed for them.

I had to realize that I needed to change my prayer and my focus. Instead of asking God to be on my side, I needed to ask God to allow me to be on His side and for the willingness to let Him do it. Fortunately for me, He always knows the big picture and what is needed. 2 Corinthians 4: 8 We are troubled on every side, yet not distressed; we are perplexed, but not in despair; 9 Persecuted, but not forsaken; cast down, but not destroyed.

Since I am applying these Bible Verses to my life, it may not convey the whole meaning of the verses. Debbie

Links to Other Blogs I Felt Led to Create Below: