Since I have used this Bible passage as an example of how the Lord God has positively influenced my overeating, this doesn't necessarily reflect the whole meaning of the verse. Debbie

COE Support Note:

If you REALLY want to read how Christ helped me throughout this weight loss and even when I was tempted, you should read some of the 100's of previous posts on https://christianovereaterssupport.blogspot.com/

Jesus Wrote Us a Blank Check

And it shall come to pass, that whosoever shall call the name of the Lord shall be saved. Acts 2: 21

I was thinking about it the other day, Jesus wrote us a blank check. He didn’t say that only those who are thin go to heaven. He didn’t say that only those who have their overeating and other vices under control go to heaven. He didn’t say that only those who tithe a certain amount go to heaven. He didn’t say that only those who are on every church committee go to heaven. He didn’t say that only those who wear trendy clothes go to heaven. He didn’t say that only those in the popular group go to heaven. The Bible does say, And it shall come to pass, that whosoever shall call the name of the Lord shall be saved. Acts 2: 21”

Are we fortunate, or what??? Jesus gave His life openly for All who know and love Him, and not just a select few. So, why am I so reluctant to share this wonderful information with others? Am I a “Stand in the Wings Christian”? I am humbled with the generosity of Jesus, but often don’t do anything to reciprocate. It’s very easy for me to Stand in the Wings, waiting until someone specifically calls me by name and asks me to help with something particular.

If I’m really being honest, I am really hiding in the wings hoping that nobody calls me by name and asks me to help with something particular. If Christ could give His life so openly, why am I so reluctant to share this good fortune with others? I wish I had all the answers. I think it’s my sinful, human nature that leads me to be fearful of what others might think of me. Fortunately for me, Jesus didn’t let the opinion of others keep Him from giving His life freely for all of us! And it shall come to pass, that whosoever shall call the name of the Lord shall be saved. Acts 2: 21

Links to Other Blogs I Felt Led to Create Below: