Since I have used this Bible passage as an example of how the Lord God has positively influenced my overeating, this doesn't necessarily reflect the whole meaning of the verse. Debbie

COE Support Note:

If you REALLY want to read how Christ helped me throughout this weight loss and even when I was tempted, you should read some of the 100's of previous posts on https://christianovereaterssupport.blogspot.com/

I've Nailed That One!

The young man saith unto Him [Jesus], All these things have I kept from my youth up: what lack I yet?  Mark 10: 20

I was sitting in church and the minister read this passage. This is when the rich man came to talk to Jesus about what he needed to do yet to inherit eternal life. Jesus told him to follow the commandments and the man basically said, “I’ve nailed that one! I’ve done all those from my childhood.”

Jesus said unto him, If thou wilt be perfect, go and sell that thou hast, and give to the poor, and thou shalt have treasure in heaven: and come and follow Me.  But when the young man heard that saying, he went away sorrowful: for he had great possessions.  Mark 10: 21-22

Have I become a Possessed Christian too attached to possessions and food that work a wedge in my relationship with Christ? Am I willing to give up foods that I crave? Am I willing to give them to the less fortunate? Am I willing to give up things that work a wedge in my relationship with Christ? It seems that I let possessions, including food possess me.

The moment that I'm asked to do something for the Lord that is out of my comfort zone, I head for the hills just like the rich man who left because he had too many possessions and couldn't part with them. I want to be willing to give up unhealthy eating and possessions that control me.
Jesus said unto him, If thou wilt be perfect, go and sell that thou hast, and give to the poor, and thou shalt have treasure in heaven: and come and follow Me.  But when the young man heard that saying, he went away sorrowful: for he had great possessions.  Mark 10: 21-22

Links to Other Blogs I Felt Led to Create Below: