Since I have used this Bible passage as an example of how the Lord God has positively influenced my overeating, this doesn't necessarily reflect the whole meaning of the verse. Debbie

COE Support Note:

If you REALLY want to read how Christ helped me throughout this weight loss and even when I was tempted, you should read some of the 100's of previous posts on https://christianovereaterssupport.blogspot.com/

Just One Bite

James 1: 13 Let no man say when he is tempted, I am tempted of God: for God cannot be tempted with evil, neither tempteth He any man: 14 But every man is tempted, when he is drawn away of his own lust, and enticed.

My grandson didn’t want to eat one of the caramel apples that my husband had purchased for him. To make it easier for my grandson to eat, my husband cut the apple off the core and had given it to him in a bowl. I saw the core sitting on the cupboard with about a bites worth of caramel apple still intact. I decided that I should try a bit to make sure the apple hadn’t been too old. Yeah, right

That’s all it took. One bite and I was heading to the fridge to get another caramel apple to sample. I didn’t want to give it up, although I knew the sugar isn’t good for me, because I have Hypoglycemia and it affects my blood sugar. I enjoyed every bite of it and felt little remorse, although I knew I should have.

All it took was one little bite for me to slip back into that hold that sugar has on me. It just took one bite to block out all reason. It just took one bite to have me slip back into old patterns. Fortunately for me, Christ took pity on me and showed me that I was a Slip Sliding Christian, starting to slide down a slippery slope into patterns that would work a wedge in my relationship with Him. Christ’s welcoming embrace was only a prayer away. He saved me from myself! James 1: 13 Let no man say when he is tempted, I am tempted of God: for God cannot be tempted with evil, neither tempteth He any man: 14 But every man is tempted, when he is drawn away of his own lust, and enticed.

Since this is an example of the positive influence God has made on my overeating, this may not reflect the whole meaning of the Bible verse.

Links to Other Blogs I Felt Led to Create Below: