Posted on Tuesday and Thursday mornings

Tuesday, January 27, 2015

The Caramel Apples Are Calling Me

Who hath saved us, and called us with an holy calling, not according to our works, but according to His own purpose and grace, which was given us in Christ Jesus before the world began. 2 Timothy 1:9

I told you about the caramel apples that I gave into last week. Ever since then, the caramel apples that are still in my fridge are calling me by name. I almost gave in several times, but said a quick prayer each time and Christ saved me from my compulsions to undermine the gift that God has given me.

I realize that a caramel apple sounds like a silly thing that could work a wedge in my relationship with Christ, but it’s not exactly the item I’m eating as much as how it affects my relationships with my family, my Lord, myself, and others around me.

When I’m eating sweets, it affects my moods and I tend to get irritable when my blood sugar runs low after the sugar I’ve eaten wears off. It hurts my self-esteem, because I know that I've let the sugar cycle get hold of me once again. All of this makes me less apt to have interactions with others. When I’m eating sugar, I’m not the person that Christ wants me to be. Fortunately for me, He hears my quick prayers in desperation as I’m tempted to indulge in foods that can negatively influence me. Who hath saved us, and called us with an holy calling, not according to our works, but according to His own purpose and grace, which was given us in Christ Jesus before the world began. 2 Timothy 1:9


Since this is an example of the positive influence God has made on my overeating, this may not reflect the whole meaning of the Bible verse.


Weight Loss Tips Video: Craving & Overeating Sweets
by: Stephanie Nielsen through Strength Discovered: Body, Mind, & Soul via You Tube

I have decided to include Weight Loss Tip Videos instead of the Healthy Tips I have been doing prior to this to provide a wide variety of tips for weight loss. See Disclaimer. I, personally, lost the weight through prayer and good nutrition, and do not promote any weight loss gimmicks. Debbie

Disclaimer: Please consult a physician and be prayerful before considering any of the tips presented in these Weight Loss Tips Videos or their ads. I am not responsible for the content of the videos or their ads. Debra Seiling


Please click on comments below to share your joys, concerns, recipes, prayers, and miracles. Thanks!

Christ's Grace Abounds

Bible Study: Relating the Bible to YOUR Life! Link

Bible Study: Relating the Bible to YOUR Life! Link
Easy Bible Study to Learn to Make Bible to Self, Text, World, and Media Connections

Translate

Heifer International.org

Heifer International.org
A Gift of an Animal Can Change People's Lives