Since I have used this Bible passage as an example of how the Lord God has positively influenced my overeating, this doesn't necessarily reflect the whole meaning of the verse. Debbie

COE Support Note:

If you REALLY want to read how Christ helped me throughout this weight loss and even when I was tempted, you should read some of the 100's of previous posts on https://christianovereaterssupport.blogspot.com/

The Caramel Apples Are Calling Me

Who hath saved us, and called us with an holy calling, not according to our works, but according to His own purpose and grace, which was given us in Christ Jesus before the world began. 2 Timothy 1:9

I told you about the caramel apples that I gave into last week. Ever since then, the caramel apples that are still in my fridge are calling me by name. I almost gave in several times, but said a quick prayer each time and Christ saved me from my compulsions to undermine the gift that God has given me.

I realize that a caramel apple sounds like a silly thing that could work a wedge in my relationship with Christ, but it’s not exactly the item I’m eating as much as how it affects my relationships with my family, my Lord, myself, and others around me.

When I’m eating sweets, it affects my moods and I tend to get irritable when my blood sugar runs low after the sugar I’ve eaten wears off. It hurts my self-esteem, because I know that I've let the sugar cycle get hold of me once again. All of this makes me less apt to have interactions with others. When I’m eating sugar, I’m not the person that Christ wants me to be. Fortunately for me, He hears my quick prayers in desperation as I’m tempted to indulge in foods that can negatively influence me. Who hath saved us, and called us with an holy calling, not according to our works, but according to His own purpose and grace, which was given us in Christ Jesus before the world began. 2 Timothy 1:9


Since this is an example of the positive influence God has made on my overeating, this may not reflect the whole meaning of the Bible verse.

Links to Other Blogs I Felt Led to Create Below: