Posted on Tuesday and Thursday mornings

Thursday, January 1, 2015

My Compromise with Nuts

1 Timothy 6:6 But godliness with contentment is great gain. 7 For we brought nothing into this world, and it is certain we can carry nothing out. 8 And having food and raiment let us be therewith content.

As some of you may know, when I am stressed, I seem to crave pecans. I even gained ten pounds back once, because I ate most of a large bag of pecans and began eating them daily. That showed me that there was something stressing me that led me to turn back to food instead of turning to God, I’m sorry to say.

Once God showed me the pattern that was developing, when my clothes weren’t fitting right, I turned all of this over to God’s very capable hands. I had to admit that the things that stressed me were out of my hands and that I had to trust God to resolve things in His timing, which is impeccable.

I wish I could tell you that I didn’t have any more problems with pecans after that revelation, but I want to be honest with you. Periodically, when I got worried again about that situation which is out of my control, I turned to pecans, but stopped a lot sooner…two steps forward, one back.

I realized that I crave nuts when I’m under stress. Something that God’s shown me recently is that I don’t have to let nuts, or any food for that matter, have control of me. For when I’m doing that, I’m really turning to the food as a false god instead of turning to the one true God to deal with my stress.

Anyway, God showed me that periodically, I can put a heaping tablespoon of chopped pecans in something I’m eating. That way, I can have a reasonable amount when I’m not stressed, so that I don’t turn to them when I am under stress. I should only be turning to God and not to food to deal with these or any issues that arise.

1 Timothy 6:6 But godliness with contentment is great gain. 7 For we brought nothing into this world, and it is certain we can carry nothing out. 8 And having food and raiment let us be therewith content. 

Since this is an example of the positive influence God has made on my overeating, this may not reflect the whole meaning of the Bible verse.


Weight Loss Tips Video: Friends Didn't Recognize Eric After His 105-Pound Weight Loss
by: Eric Vega on GPB TheWeighWeWereTV via You Tube

I have decided to include Weight Loss Tip Videos instead of the Healthy Tips I have been doing prior to this to provide a wide variety of tips for weight loss. See Disclaimer. I, personally, lost the weight through prayer and good nutrition, and do not promote any weight loss gimmicks. Debbie

Disclaimer: Please consult a physician and be prayerful before considering any of the tips presented in these Weight Loss Tips Videos or their ads. I am not responsible for the content of the videos or their ads. Debra Seiling




Please click on comments below to share your joys, concerns, recipes, prayers, and miracles. Thanks!

Christ's Grace Abounds

Bible Study: Relating the Bible to YOUR Life! Link

Bible Study: Relating the Bible to YOUR Life! Link
Easy Bible Study to Learn to Make Bible to Self, Text, World, and Media Connections

Translate

Heifer International.org

Heifer International.org
A Gift of an Animal Can Change People's Lives