Since I have used this Bible passage as an example of how the Lord God has positively influenced my overeating, this doesn't necessarily reflect the whole meaning of the verse. Debbie

COE Support Note:

If you REALLY want to read how Christ helped me throughout this weight loss and even when I was tempted, you should read some of the 100's of previous posts on https://christianovereaterssupport.blogspot.com/

My Compromise with Nuts

1 Timothy 6:6 But godliness with contentment is great gain. 7 For we brought nothing into this world, and it is certain we can carry nothing out. 8 And having food and raiment let us be therewith content.

As some of you may know, when I am stressed, I seem to crave pecans. I even gained ten pounds back once, because I ate most of a large bag of pecans and began eating them daily. That showed me that there was something stressing me that led me to turn back to food instead of turning to God, I’m sorry to say.

Once God showed me the pattern that was developing, when my clothes weren’t fitting right, I turned all of this over to God’s very capable hands. I had to admit that the things that stressed me were out of my hands and that I had to trust God to resolve things in His timing, which is impeccable.

I wish I could tell you that I didn’t have any more problems with pecans after that revelation, but I want to be honest with you. Periodically, when I got worried again about that situation which is out of my control, I turned to pecans, but stopped a lot sooner…two steps forward, one back.

I realized that I crave nuts when I’m under stress. Something that God’s shown me recently is that I don’t have to let nuts, or any food for that matter, have control of me. For when I’m doing that, I’m really turning to the food as a false god instead of turning to the one true God to deal with my stress.

Anyway, God showed me that periodically, I can put a heaping tablespoon of chopped pecans in something I’m eating. That way, I can have a reasonable amount when I’m not stressed, so that I don’t turn to them when I am under stress. I should only be turning to God and not to food to deal with these or any issues that arise.

1 Timothy 6:6 But godliness with contentment is great gain. 7 For we brought nothing into this world, and it is certain we can carry nothing out. 8 And having food and raiment let us be therewith content. 
  Since I am applying these Bible Verses to my life, it may not convey the whole meaning of the verses. Debbie

Links to Other Blogs I Felt Led to Create Below: