Since I have used this Bible passage as an example of how the Lord God has positively influenced my overeating, this doesn't necessarily reflect the whole meaning of the verse. Debbie

COE Support Note:

If you REALLY want to read how Christ helped me throughout this weight loss and even when I was tempted, you should read some of the 100's of previous posts on https://christianovereaterssupport.blogspot.com/

Having Blinders On

And when He [Jesus} rose up from prayer, and was come to His disciples, He found them sleeping for sorrow, And said unto them, Why sleep ye? Rise and pray, lest ye enter into temptation. Luke 22: 45-46

I wrote in the last post that God’s allowed me to lose the last stubborn 20 pounds that I have been struggling with in the last few years. Do I need to have blinders on to withstand the temptations that Satan dangles in front of me?

I don’t think it’s that God wants me to have blinders on, so that I don’t even look at formerly desired or problematic foods. I think the key lies in the last verse about praying, so that we don’t enter into temptation.

Over the years, that’s what kept the vast majority of the weight off as I struggled with the stubborn 20 pounds I had regained. It was God who took care of me and my struggles with turning to food, which has been a false god to me in the past. God’s shown me the importance of turning to Him in all things, good, bad, and indifferent. When I do that, the rest falls into place…but I’m weak.

That’s why it’s so vitally important for me to continue to pray daily to ask God to take care of my food, body, eating, and stress and the willingness to put them into His very capable hands. Sometimes, I wasn’t as willing to turn over the control to God. Sometimes, I wasn’t willing to realize that it was something stressful that was causing the ache in my stomach rather than fall prey to the lure of the food calling my name.

Fortunately for me, God has been there to pick me up time and time again and has shown me the way I should be focused through prayer. And when He [Jesus} rose up from prayer, and was come to His disciples, He found them sleeping for sorrow, And said unto them, Why sleep ye? Rise and pray, lest ye enter into temptation. Luke 22: 45-46

Links to Other Blogs I Felt Led to Create Below: