Since I have used this Bible passage as an example of how the Lord God has positively influenced my overeating, this doesn't necessarily reflect the whole meaning of the verse. Debbie

COE Support Note:

If you REALLY want to read how Christ helped me throughout this weight loss and even when I was tempted, you should read some of the 100's of previous posts on https://christianovereaterssupport.blogspot.com/

Filling That Empty Feeling

Hebrews 13: 5 Let your conversation be without covetousness; and be content with such things as ye have: for He [Jesus] hath said, I will never leave thee, nor forsake thee. 6 So that we may boldly say, The Lord is my helper, and I will not fear what man shall do unto me.

Tonight I was watching TV and I had that empty feeling in the pit of my stomach. My first thought was to get a bag of pecans. If you've read any of my blog posts, they happen to be my misguided filler food. It seems since God's allowed me to lose 80+ pounds over 30 years ago and keep the majority of it off, I've turned to pecans at times that I have that empty feeling.

Rationalizing things, I've told myself that they are healthy and they're protein. Why should I worry about eating them when I feel like eating something? Eating pecans isn't the problem. It's eating half a bag of anything that's a problem!

The real problem is when I'm turning to food to fill that empty feeling. I've done this several times lately, which lets me know that something else is going on. I had a full dinner and it wasn't an half hour before I was wanting something else to munch on. God lets me know that when this happens, it's vitally important for me to turn to Him in prayer to fill that empty feeling, as only He can do.

I lay there on the couch wanting to eat something, put prayed over and over for God to fill that empty feeling and He did. He took my hunger away. Again, He reminds me through this, there are events out of my control that concern me and I need to leave them in God's very capable hands. He will deal with these things as only He can do! For He is always there for me and will never leave me or forsake me. Hebrews 13: 5 Let your conversation be without covetousness; and be content with such things as ye have: for He [Jesus] hath said, I will never leave thee, nor forsake thee. 6 So that we may boldly say, The Lord is my helper, and I will not fear what man shall do unto me.

Links to Other Blogs I Felt Led to Create Below: