Since I have used this Bible passage as an example of how the Lord God has positively influenced my overeating, this doesn't necessarily reflect the whole meaning of the verse. Debbie

COE Support Note:

If you REALLY want to read how Christ helped me throughout this weight loss and even when I was tempted, you should read some of the 100's of previous posts on https://christianovereaterssupport.blogspot.com/

Aw Nuts! I've Done It Again!

Luke 17: 3 Take heed to yourselves: If thy brother trespass against thee, rebuke him; and if he repent, forgive him. 4 And if he trespass against thee seven times in a day, and seven times in a day turn again to thee, saying, I repent; thou shalt forgive him.

I can't believe it. I fell prey to the call of the nuts again! My sleeves on my top had started being lose again. Since I found that the scale has too much control in my life, I find that how tight my sleeves are and how well my pants fit are better indicators of my weight.

So, why did I let the pecans call my name again? Why did I undermine my healthy weight? When I'm truly prayerful about this, I realize that I've been under a lot of stress lately, much of which is far beyond my control.

At first I felt frustrated with myself for getting into the nuts again. Then, God allowed me to realize that this Bible passages is also to be applied to my own life. If I fall back into old eating patterns again and again and ask God to forgive me, then I should forgive myself, as well. Luke 17: 3 Take heed to yourselves: If thy brother trespass against thee, rebuke him; and if he repent, forgive him. 4 And if he trespass against thee seven times in a day, and seven times in a day turn again to thee, saying, I repent; thou shalt forgive him.

Links to Other Blogs I Felt Led to Create Below: