Since I have used this Bible passage as an example of how the Lord God has positively influenced my overeating, this doesn't necessarily reflect the whole meaning of the verse. Debbie

COE Support Note:

If you REALLY want to read how Christ helped me throughout this weight loss and even when I was tempted, you should read some of the 100's of previous posts on https://christianovereaterssupport.blogspot.com/

Wanting Immediate Gratification

But they that wait upon the Lord shall renew their strength; they shall mount up with wings as eagles; they shall run, and not be weary; and they shall walk and not faint. Isaiah 40:31

I guess that I’ve always wanted immediate gratification. If I was hungry, I ate. If I was lonely, I ate. If I was worried, I ate. If I was celebrating, I ate. Food gave me some type of immediate gratification.

Now, that Christ has taken away my urges for great amounts of food by turning it and my stress, control, and life over into His very capable hands, my life seems so light. Things that would have seemed overwhelming-seem bearable, because I know Christ is going to get me through them.

This is a “high” that I can’t explain, but this verse explains it well. It’s like I feel the burden I’ve been concerned about lifted from my shoulders. Instead I feel the exhilaration of knowing that Christ has me on His very capable shoulders, lifting me above the worldly stresses in life, to be renewed by Him when the going gets rough. But they that wait upon the Lord shall renew their strength; they shall mount up with wings as eagles; they shall run, and not be weary; and they shall walk and not faint. Isaiah 40:31

Links to Other Blogs I Felt Led to Create Below: