Since I have used this Bible passage as an example of how the Lord God has positively influenced my overeating, this doesn't necessarily reflect the whole meaning of the verse. Debbie

COE Support Note:

If you REALLY want to read how Christ helped me throughout this weight loss and even when I was tempted, you should read some of the 100's of previous posts on https://christianovereaterssupport.blogspot.com/

Sticking Your Head in the Sand Syndrome

For ye are all the children of God by faith in Christ Jesus. Galatians 3: 26

Recently, someone I know had a problem that seemed unsurmountable, at the time. Since I’m a solution oriented person, I brainstormed about 4 or 5 different possibilities to solve this problem for them. The person didn’t want me fretting about the problem and wanted to watch TV instead.

I felt frustrated that this person watched TV rather than take an active stand in solving the problem. I figured this person was sticking their head in the sand to avoid dealing with the problem. Several days later, some events happened out of the blue, that solved their problem. It happened so perfectly, I knew that God had taken care of everything!

This was an eye-opener for me. I thought the person was avoiding the problem, but since God intervened so perfectly, I realized that what I was seeing was someone who was showing faith that God would take care of the problem instead of fretting over it like I was.

You would think this would have dawned on me a lot earlier than it did. It was God who took care of one of my biggest problems over 30 years ago when He allowed me to lose 80+ pounds. I trust Him to continue to take care of my food, body, stress, and eating each and every day, but did I apply this to someone else’s problems? No, I’m sad to say. Instead of being a good example, encouraging this person to turn to God in prayer, trusting Him to take care of the problem, I was brainstorming ways to rectify the problem. I am so thankful that God reminds me of how He works in our lives when I start to stray. For ye are all the children of God by faith in Christ Jesus. Galatians 3: 26

Links to Other Blogs I Felt Led to Create Below: