Since I have used this Bible passage as an example of how the Lord God has positively influenced my overeating, this doesn't necessarily reflect the whole meaning of the verse. Debbie

COE Support Note:

If you REALLY want to read how Christ helped me throughout this weight loss and even when I was tempted, you should read some of the 100's of previous posts on https://christianovereaterssupport.blogspot.com/

Not Just Christian When the Price is Right

For ye are bought with a price: therefore glorify God in your body, and in your spirit, which are God’s. 1 Corinthians 6:20

We live in an area that was hit pretty badly by baseball sized hail. We saw two contractors. One was someone local, who said that he would work with us, implying that if we used him that we might not have to pay any deductible that our insurance requires. He said that if we chose to pay the deductible, he would give us other upgrades to compensate for that.

Boy, my husband and I really liked the sound of not having to pay the $1,500 deductible that our insurance requires. To top that off, the guy was local and would be around to resolve any warranty issues with our roof, should it need it. We were almost sold on this contractor.

The other contractor we saw was the preferred provider who was recommended through our insurance company. Their business is within a 100 mile radius. Part of the terns of their being a preferred provider is they have the customer pay the deductible that the insurance company requires.

I was torn between the two companies and decided to take a walk around our neighborhood. As I walked, I looked at the roofs, styles, and colors of the neighborhood homes, while I prayerfully contemplated this moral dilemma. It would have been very easy for me to fudge on this one, just like I sometimes fudge on sweets that I know aren’t good for me. Just one little bite won’t hurt, just like $1,500 in my pocket won’t hurt.

The thought that was in my mind was that I was supposed to be Christian all the time, not just when the price is right. That made my mind up. I can’t say that I didn’t waver any. On the back side of my walking route, I started thinking that I could pay the local guy the deductible and talk him into giving us some upgrades that we had wanted done to our house. Again, the thought was in my mind that I’m not supposed to just be a Christian when the price is right.

I knew what I had to do. When I finished my walk, I talked with my husband about using the preferred contractor that the insurance company recommended. I knew that if I used the other contractor, I would be tempted to try to justify wiggling out of the deductible. For ye are bought with a price: therefore glorify God in your body, and in your spirit, which are God’s. 1 Corinthians 6:20

Links to Other Blogs I Felt Led to Create Below: