Since I have used this Bible passage as an example of how the Lord God has positively influenced my overeating, this doesn't necessarily reflect the whole meaning of the verse. Debbie

COE Support Note:

If you REALLY want to read how Christ helped me throughout this weight loss and even when I was tempted, you should read some of the 100's of previous posts on https://christianovereaterssupport.blogspot.com/

How Am I Showing My Thanks to God for Allowing Me to Lose All That Weight?

Insomuch that the multitude wondered, when they saw the dumb to speak, the maimed to be whole, the lame to walk, and the blind to see: and they glorified the God of Israel. Matthew 15:31

I am at a loss with this one...no pun intended. Many people became Christians when they saw all those who were healed by Jesus. Jesus healed me of over 80+ pounds of excess weight over 30 years ago and again the 27 pounds I gained back by being sloppy with my food and my relationship with God.

I feel that God has done this major miracle in my life, but what am I doing to allow others to see this, so that they might come to believe in Jesus? I sit behind this keyboard typing away at blog posts, but am I truly focusing on Jesus, so that others might see His hand in my life? Am I using it as a minimal attempt to do God's will? Am I helping anyone realize that God cares about all things in our lives big and small, including our weight, especially if it negatively affects our relationship with Him and others?

When I've tried to share how God allowed me to lose 80+ pounds over 30 years ago, most people minimize what I say and say God helps him who helps himself....something that isn't in the Bible.  Actually, that's why I got started reading the Bible from cover to cover over 30 years ago. On the contrary, God tells us over and over in the Bible that He wants us to turn to Him in all things. God helps him who helps himself was one of the morals in Hercules and the Wagoner, an Aesop's Fable. If you'd like to know more about this, check out my other blog Bible Passages That Can Influence Your Life and click on the February 4, 2012 post entry under Archives. 

How am I showing my thanks for God allowing me to lose all that weight? As I said, I'm at a loss. I'm hoping that sharing the things I feel led to share in these posts are helpful, the good, the bad, and the embarrassing. At this point, I feel that I just need to be open to see what God wants me to do and right now, it's the blog. I would appreciate your considering to help forward this ministry by sharing a link to this or my other blog to those who need to see the Miracles that Jesus does in our lives today. Thanks! Debbie Seiling  Insomuch that the multitude wondered, when they saw the dumb to speak, the maimed to be whole, the lame to walk, and the blind to see: and they glorified the God of Israel. Matthew 15:31

Since this is an example of the positive influence God has made on my overeating, this may not reflect the whole meaning of the Bible verse.



Links to Other Blogs I Felt Led to Create Below: