Since I have used this Bible passage as an example of how the Lord God has positively influenced my overeating, this doesn't necessarily reflect the whole meaning of the verse. Debbie

COE Support Note:

If you REALLY want to read how Christ helped me throughout this weight loss and even when I was tempted, you should read some of the 100's of previous posts on https://christianovereaterssupport.blogspot.com/

Trying to Micro Manage God Through My Prayers...

And He [Jesus] went a little farther, and fell on His face, and prayed, saying, O My Father, if it be possible, let this cup pass from Me: nevertheless not as I will, but as Thou wilt.  Matthew 26:39

Jesus is faced with this major ordeal, because He knows He is about to be mocked, crucified, and rise again to save us. Knowing what is to befall Him, Jesus asks for God's will, not His. Do I do this? I go through the motions, but I've come to realize that I am trying to micro manage God through my prayers.

I ask God to take care of my weight, food, eating, and stress. I find that I'm still trying to maintain control in my life, because I will often give God specific details of what He should and shouldn't do in these matters. How is that totally trusting God??? If I were truly trusting God like Jesus did, I would trust God's will, God's timing, God's outcomes-not mine!

I think I'm making progress (that's where Satan sneaks in with his subtle wedge and undermines my relationship with God through my pride.) I've just realized that my micro managing goes beyond my relationship with God. While writing this, my husband came in to tell me about some business letters he had written. I was asking to make sure that he had included particular things. This frustrated him to the point that he said I was trying to be in control of everything, which is very unlike my husband.

 I'm really thinking that this blog post is specifically for me due to God's timing of my husband's comment. I must be getting too lax in turning my control and the willingness to turn my control over into God's very capable hands. Although I'm saddened by my back stepping, I am so thankful God lets me know what I need to do and doesn't just let me flounder.  And He [Jesus] went a little farther, and fell on His face, and prayed, saying, O My Father, if it be possible, let this cup pass from Me: nevertheless not as I will, but as Thou wilt.  Matthew 26:39

Links to Other Blogs I Felt Led to Create Below: