Since I have used this Bible passage as an example of how the Lord God has positively influenced my overeating, this doesn't necessarily reflect the whole meaning of the verse. Debbie

COE Support Note:

If you REALLY want to read how Christ helped me throughout this weight loss and even when I was tempted, you should read some of the 100's of previous posts on https://christianovereaterssupport.blogspot.com/

I Find Myself Hiding Behind My Fat

Hebrews 13: 5 Let your conversation be without covetousness; and be content with such things as ye have: for He hath said, I will never leave thee, nor forsake thee. 6 So that we may boldly say, The Lord is my helper, and I will not fear what man shall do unto me.

The last couple of blog posts have been about dealing with my body image. I tend to find myself hiding behind my fat. I've found that when I'm heavier, I feel more comfortable about myself and my body. When I'm at my goal weight or close to it, I find myself feeling insecure about my body and my interactions with others.

Now, is this what God wanted for me when He allowed me to lose the 80+ pounds over 30 years ago? Definitely not! So, why am I letting this happen, now. Again, it's because I've been hiding behind my fat. It must have been my own little protective wall to keep me from dealing with the rest of the world. When I'm hiding behind my fat, I can watch the world from a distance and not be actively involved. 

That should sound terrible to me, as I type this, but it really doesn't. I've spent a big portion of my life being a bystander and I must like it, because I find myself wearing frumpy clothes when I'm thinner, so I can revert to my bystander status. Is being a bystander in life safer? Is that why I'm doing this? Wow! God has these blog posts to heal me as much as anyone else. 

This protective wall I've developed, whether by fat or by baggy clothing, feels comfortable to me. Is that good? If I'm hiding behind something, I would think that means I'm not being open to being the person that God wants me to be. He didn't take all that weight away from me for nothing, but I'm still clinging on to it, although it's not there. Isn't that strange? 

You would think I would be elated to be free of the excess weight. I mostly am, but it also means I have to come to terms with unwanted attention from others and comments that make me feel uncomfortable, so I've been hiding. I guess God's telling me that it's time that I came out of hiding and start trusting Him to protect me. Hebrews 13: 5 Let your conversation be without covetousness; and be content with such things as ye have: for He hath said, I will never leave thee, nor forsake thee. 6 So that we may boldly say, The Lord is my helper, and I will not fear what man shall do unto me.

Since I am applying these Bible Verses to my life, it may not convey the whole meaning of the verses. Debbie

Links to Other Blogs I Felt Led to Create Below: