Since I have used this Bible passage as an example of how the Lord God has positively influenced my overeating, this doesn't necessarily reflect the whole meaning of the verse. Debbie

COE Support Note:

If you REALLY want to read how Christ helped me throughout this weight loss and even when I was tempted, you should read some of the 100's of previous posts on https://christianovereaterssupport.blogspot.com/

Using The "F" Word...

The lips of the righteous know what is acceptable: but the mouth of the wicked speaketh frowardness. Proverbs 10:32

Now, I'm not talking about using just any F Word, but the one that cuts to the core of any overeater---someone calling us FAT. It's not the same when we might, on occasion, refer to ourselves as Fat. We pick our timing ever so carefully before we dare use the F Word. Sometimes, we are just trying to say it first, before anyone else lets the F Word out in our presence. When other people use the F Word, there is an extreme level of disgust directed toward the person they are referring to. 

I recently watched a movie where a team leader repeatedly called a team member Fat. Fat, Fat... What a cruel and hateful thing to do. He treated the team member like he was worthless, his feelings didn't matter because he was overweight, and he was only of use as long as he made the team leader look good. 

I realize that was just a movie, but the feelings that this scene evoked rang true! There have been people I have encountered who are like this to those of us who are or who have been overweight, to those of different cultures, to those who have handicaps of one kind or another, and the list goes on. 

What do we, as Christians, do when we encounter people who are insensitive enough to use the F Word in our presence? Do we say equally hateful, insensitive things back to them? Fortunately, God forgives me for my many, many mistakes I've made over the years and He wants us to do likewise...even to those who dare use the F Word in our presence.  The lips of the righteous know what is acceptable: but the mouth of the wicked speaketh frowardness. Proverbs 10:32

Links to Other Blogs I Felt Led to Create Below: