Since I have used this Bible passage as an example of how the Lord God has positively influenced my overeating, this doesn't necessarily reflect the whole meaning of the verse. Debbie

COE Support Note:

If you REALLY want to read how Christ helped me throughout this weight loss and even when I was tempted, you should read some of the 100's of previous posts on https://christianovereaterssupport.blogspot.com/

I Don't See Much of a Jewel, but God Does...

And they shall be Mine, saith the Lord of hosts, in that day when I make up My jewels; and I will spare them, as a man spareth his own son that serveth him. Malachi 3:17

There are some days that I look in the mirror and I don't see much of a jewel, but God does!   I see bulges and wrinkles, but God doesn't look on us with human eyes. I see the results of all too many helpings of food, when I turned to food instead of turning to God to heal my aching heart. 

Fortunately, not only does God heal our aching hearts and bodies, when we turn them over to Him, but He sees us as only a loving Father could. God sees the good in us, even when we look through the eyes of shame at all the mistakes we've made. God sees the potential within us, even when we feel like failures. 

God is much more than that. He has confidence in us, even when we don't. He knows that if we turn to Him and let Him guide us, He will show us how to become His precious jewels. So precious, in fact, that His only begotten Son, Jesus, suffered persecution and gave His life, and arose for us, so that we could one day join God in heaven as His jewels. And they shall be Mine, saith the Lord of hosts, in that day when I make up My jewels; and I will spare them, as a man spareth his own son that serveth him. Malachi 3:17

Links to Other Blogs I Felt Led to Create Below: