Since I have used this Bible passage as an example of how the Lord God has positively influenced my overeating, this doesn't necessarily reflect the whole meaning of the verse. Debbie

COE Support Note:

If you REALLY want to read how Christ helped me throughout this weight loss and even when I was tempted, you should read some of the 100's of previous posts on https://christianovereaterssupport.blogspot.com/

I Tried to Undermine the Temptations, but It Wasn't Fool Proof

1 John 2:17 And the world passeth away, and the lust thereof: but he that doeth the will of God abideth for ever.

It seems that recently, I've been more inclined to want to snack, when that hasn't always been the case until lately. The bad part is that I didn't end up eating an appropriate amount of any of these foods which might have been fine or even healthy, if they were eaten within normal portion sizes.

I had most recently eaten a half bag of cashews, in the process of trying to avoid some tortilla chips I had eaten. Actually, I ate some tortilla chip crumbles on the top of my Chicken Tortilla Soup, but I ended up getting the tortilla chip bag and eating half of it.

I knew I wanted to make something with the apples in my fridge before they went bad. I only like apples when they are crisp or crunchy, but hate to waste the ones that have been there too long. I found an apple cake recipe that my mother had sent me some time ago. It called for one cup of crushed nuts. When I crushed them, I knew right then and there, that I would be tempted to eat the cake, because I love nuts. I took some of the crushed nuts and put them on a bowl of cottage cheese with some crushed pineapple in it's own juice. I figured that would satisfy my urge to eat the nuts in the apple cake I was making.

In the recipe, I used half white flour and other half was with two different organic flours. When the cake was done, I wondered if the different flours I had used tasted alright, because I was going to share this cake with others. I tasted some, but the flavor of the nuts made me start craving the cake. I did eat some small edges that crumbled off as I cut the pieces of cake. I prayed and prayed and Christ gave me the idea to wrap up what I was giving to others and to put the rest into an enclosed container, so I would be less tempted by it. It worked, but I craved the nut laden apple cake several times throughout the evening. Each time, I had to turn those cravings over into Christ's very capable hands. This shows me more is going on and that I must be getting lax in my relationship with Christ. When I am tempted and give in to those temptations so much, I know that Satan sees my weakness and is trying to take advantage of my weaknesses and get a stronghold in my life. 

Because these posts are examples of how I've applied these Bible verses to my life, they don't necessarily reflect the whole meaning of the Bible verse. Debbie

Links to Other Blogs I Felt Led to Create Below: