Since I have used this Bible passage as an example of how the Lord God has positively influenced my overeating, this doesn't necessarily reflect the whole meaning of the verse. Debbie

COE Support Note:

If you REALLY want to read how Christ helped me throughout this weight loss and even when I was tempted, you should read some of the 100's of previous posts on https://christianovereaterssupport.blogspot.com/

Wanting to Enjoy that Feeling of Anger....

1 Thessalonians 5: 9 For God hath not appointed us to wrath, but to obtain salvation by our Lord Jesus Christ, 10 Who died for us, that, whether we wake or sleep, we should live together with Him. 

Recently, someone did something that I thought was insensitive. I was soooooo angry with this person and it felt good, too good, in fact! I went into my bedroom to have some quiet time with my Lord to sort all of this out. Sure, the person did something that was less than sensitive to me, but why was I enjoying this rage of anger? It's kind of a weird thing, because I don't get angry very often. In fact, I go out of my way to resolve things, so that there's no tension with others, but this time was different. There was one part of me that wanted to approach this person and tell them exactly how insensitive that I thought their behavior was to me and why! 

When, Christ had it on my heart to continue to be prayerful about this, I just wanted to get up and go confront this person. The more I lay there in prayerful contemplation, the more I was open to the message that Christ had for me. Sure, I could go and berate the person that had wronged me and humiliate them, in the process, but that most definitely wasn't what Christ wanted for me. He showed me that this sense of rage that I had briefly enjoyed was Satan tempting me and I had started to bite his bait, hook, line, and sinker. That's why I had originally gone to my room to be prayerful about all of this, because I had started to say hurtful things. 

In my opinion, it's better to get away from a situation and prayerfully contemplate it, rather than say things that could lead me to eat over it in guilt, much later. After the insight Christ had on my heart, I realized that I had to be the bigger person. I went and told that person that I was so sorry that I got that made over something that really was trivial and I had just needed some prayerful time to reflect on all of this.  My heart felt so unburdened when I did this. I was no longer letting Satan have a strong hold on me and my life, not to mention interactions with others.

Because these posts are examples of how I've applied these Bible verses to my life, they don't necessarily reflect the whole meaning of the Bible verse. Debbie

Links to Other Blogs I Felt Led to Create Below: