Since I have used this Bible passage as an example of how the Lord God has positively influenced my overeating, this doesn't necessarily reflect the whole meaning of the verse. Debbie

COE Support Note:

If you REALLY want to read how Christ helped me throughout this weight loss and even when I was tempted, you should read some of the 100's of previous posts on https://christianovereaterssupport.blogspot.com/

I Couldn't Have Picked a More Perfect Bible Verse

1 John 1: 8 If we say that we have no sin, we deceive ourselves, and the truth is not in us. 9 If we confess our sins, He is faithful and just to forgive us our sins, and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness. 

Christ led me to this Bible verse, because it is just perfect for what I'm going through right now. over the last couple of weeks, I have been tempted by food. I tried to substitute other food for what I was craving all to no avail. 

This morning, I felt like I should step on the scale. It's something I avoid most times, because the scale tends to tell me who I am, depending on what I weigh at the time. I don't like giving that power to the scales. Anyway, I weighed more than I wanted to weigh. Christ blessed me years ago, by allowing an 80+ pound weight loss and for the vast majority of the weight to stay off for over 30 years. This was possible through turning control of my food, body, eating, stress, etc. over to Christ's very capable hands. Along the way, He showed me many lessons related to how food had worked a wedge in my relationship with Christ, my family, and others. I had been turning to food for comfort instead of turning to my Lord and Savior for solace.

In that there's been so many times that I've been tempted and have given in to these temptations recently, I know that my relationship with my Savior is becoming too lax, leaving too much wiggle room for Satan to sneak right back in and tempt me where he knows my weaknesses are. If you notice the underlined phrases above, they all have the word "I" in them. That was a crucial thing when I first turned my control, eating, body, stress, etc. over to Christ. I needed to give up trying to be in control, trying to figure out how to do these things, and start putting that control and trust into Christ's capable hands and listen to the instincts He gives me. They are always right! So, that's what I'm doing. I don't care if I'm going back to square one. Nothing is worth loosing my relationship with my Savior, which is of much more importance than keeping my weight off. I am nothing that I want to be without Him in control of my life!

Because these posts are examples of how I've applied these Bible verses to my life, they don't necessarily reflect the whole meaning of the Bible verse. Debbie

Links to Other Blogs I Felt Led to Create Below: