Since I have used this Bible passage as an example of how the Lord God has positively influenced my overeating, this doesn't necessarily reflect the whole meaning of the verse. Debbie

COE Support Note:

If you REALLY want to read how Christ helped me throughout this weight loss and even when I was tempted, you should read some of the 100's of previous posts on https://christianovereaterssupport.blogspot.com/

Not the Same as Others, but O.K.

1 Corinthians 12: 8 For to one is given by the Spirit the word of wisdom; to another the word of knowledge by the same Spirit; 9 To another faith by the same Spirit; to another the gifts of healing by the same Spirit; 10 To another the working of miracles; to another prophecy, to another discerning of spirits; to another divers kinds of tongues; to another the interpretation of tongues: 11 But all these worketh that one and the selfsame Spirit, dividing to every man severally as he will. 12 For as the body is one, and hath many members, and all the members of that one body, being many, are one body: so also is Christ.

Over the years, I see other inspiring people who do mighty things for Christ and feel almost jealous that I haven't/can't do something similar, since I love Him so! I've tried to minister to others in ways that I've seen, but they usually seem to back-fire one way or another.

What I have found is that Christ has led me to write about how He heals many of my shortcomings, especially overeating, and continues to, since I backslide, at times. It sometimes boggles my mind and amazes it all at the same time, that Jesus could use my many faults to help others learn to better relate to Him. 

Maybe it's because they see that Jesus loves me in all my sinfulness and never gives up on me or turns His back on me when I backslide, that they realize that He will be there for them, too, if they let Him. I now know that Jesus doesn't use me in the same way as others, but that's O.K.

Because these posts are examples of how I've applied these Bible verses to my life, they don't necessarily reflect the whole meaning of the Bible verse. Debbie

Links to Other Blogs I Felt Led to Create Below: