Since I have used this Bible passage as an example of how the Lord God has positively influenced my overeating, this doesn't necessarily reflect the whole meaning of the verse. Debbie

COE Support Note:

If you REALLY want to read how Christ helped me throughout this weight loss and even when I was tempted, you should read some of the 100's of previous posts on https://christianovereaterssupport.blogspot.com/

Not What I Was Eating, but How Easily I Started Slipping into Old Eating Patterns

1 John 3:7 Little children, let no man deceive you: he that doeth righteousness is righteous, even as he is righteous. 8 He that committeth sin is of the devil; for the devil sinneth from the beginning. For this purpose the Son of God was manifested, that He might destroy the works of the devil.

Don't get me wrong. I'm not trying to get across the idea that eating or overeating is sinning, although it has turned out to be one of the many ways that Satan sneaks up on me and tried to undermine my relationship with Christ. God has shown me that I have turned to food for comfort, at times, instead of turning to Him, making food a false god in those situations. 

Not too long ago, I got the munchies. I had made some Chicken Tortilla Soup from a mix someone gave my husband. On the top of the soup, you were supposed to sprinkle some of the crushed tortilla chips. I enjoyed the taste so much, that I went and found a bag of tortilla chips that my husband sometimes snacks on. I know I must have eaten at least half of the bag. 

It's not so much that the Chicken Tortilla Soup was a bad thing for me to eat, but it was how easily I started slipping into old eating patterns. Once I realize it, I twisted the top of the tortilla chip bag and put a twist tie on it and put it away, although I really wanted to eat more. When I run into times like that, I just have to pray and turn my hunger and/or cravings over to my Lord and Savior who heals me of compulsions like that when I ask Him.

Because these posts are examples of how I've applied these Bible verses to my life, they don't necessarily reflect the whole meaning of the Bible verse. Debbie

Links to Other Blogs I Felt Led to Create Below: