Since I have used this Bible passage as an example of how the Lord God has positively influenced my overeating, this doesn't necessarily reflect the whole meaning of the verse. Debbie

COE Support Note:

If you REALLY want to read how Christ helped me throughout this weight loss and even when I was tempted, you should read some of the 100's of previous posts on https://christianovereaterssupport.blogspot.com/

It Started a Cycle of Wanting to Snack

 Ephesians 1: 8 Wherein He hath abounded toward us in all wisdom and prudence. 9 Having made known unto us the mystery of His will, according to His good pleasure which He had purposed in Himself.

Well, a few days earlier, I got to craving tortilla chips after I had poured some crushed tortilla chips on top of the Chicken Tortilla Soup I had made. Unfortunately, I ate half of the bag, before I listened to Christ giving me the instincts that I was letting food control me right then, instead of letting Christ be in control. After that, I put the rest of the bag of tortilla chips away.

The thing that's bad about all of this is that Satan likes to sneak up on Christians and tempt them where their weaknesses are. When my relationship with Christ is strong, I don't seem to let my guard down to fall prey to these temptations, but there are times where that's not the case.

I found myself recently wanting more of those same tortilla chips to snack on. I prayed for Christ to guide me or to show me a better snacking alternative. The idea that was on my mind was that I had some frozen cashews that were better and healthier to eat than the tortilla chips, so I got them. Unfortunately, I ate half of the bag and didn't really want to put it away when Christ let me know what I was doing again. What that tells me is that I've been allowing myself to be tempted by food when that hasn't been the case for awhile. I need more than ever to turn these feelings and temptations over to Christ's very capable hands.

Because these posts are examples of how I've applied these Bible verses to my life, they don't necessarily reflect the whole meaning of the Bible verse. Debbie

Links to Other Blogs I Felt Led to Create Below: