Since I have used this Bible passage as an example of how the Lord God has positively influenced my overeating, this doesn't necessarily reflect the whole meaning of the verse. Debbie

COE Support Note:

If you REALLY want to read how Christ helped me throughout this weight loss and even when I was tempted, you should read some of the 100's of previous posts on https://christianovereaterssupport.blogspot.com/

I've Become Too Complacent

1 Timothy 6:6 But godliness with contentment is great gain. 7 For we brought nothing into this world, and it is certain we can carry nothing out. 8 And having food and raiment let us be therewith content.

When I read this Bible verse, I wonder if I truly am thankful for all Christ provides for me on a daily basis. I pray each day for Christ to provide for my needs, our families’, and friend’s needs. Trying to be honest about this, I don’t think that I spend much to any time each day thanking Him for providing this.

I get too busy being in the gimmee, gimmee’s, where I’m praying for whatever else I want or need. That’s not being content, nor is it being appreciative for all I’ve been given. Christ allowed me to lose over 80 pounds and to keep the vast majority of it off for over 30 years. Do I thank Him every day for that, as well? Again, I don’t think I do. I pray each day for Christ to take care of these issues, but I don’t often thank Him for doing so.


I have so much to be mindful of. The thing I’m afraid of is falling back into my complacent pattern and putting this on the back burner. Christ should never be put on the back burner and I’m afraid I’ve done that more often than I’d like to admit. I have to be prayerful that He has be open to being more appreciative for all He does for me on a regular basis.

Because these posts are examples of how I've applied these Bible verses to my life, they don't necessarily reflect the whole meaning of the Bible verse. Debbie

Links to Other Blogs I Felt Led to Create Below: