Since I have used this Bible passage as an example of how the Lord God has positively influenced my overeating, this doesn't necessarily reflect the whole meaning of the verse. Debbie

COE Support Note:

If you REALLY want to read how Christ helped me throughout this weight loss and even when I was tempted, you should read some of the 100's of previous posts on https://christianovereaterssupport.blogspot.com/

Always Planning Ahead

There is a time for everything, and a season for every activity under the heavens. Ecclesiastes 3:1

It seems that I am always planning ahead. I waste a lot of my time being in the moment with the people I care about, because I'm too busy planning instead. I also did this with my overeating. I was too busy planning how things were going to be once I was thin, to appreciate my life at that moment in time. 

Once Christ showed me how I had let food and trying to be in control to rule my life, I was at a loss at how to make the needed changes. Being prayerful, I came to realize that when I put my life into Christ's very capable hands, I no longer had to plan every second of my life out in advance. 

I learned to turn to Him with my eating and to be open to honestly seeing how this planning kept me from enjoying my life now. Once I started turning to Christ in times of trouble, stress, etc., I felt less of a need to turn to food to comfort me.  I found I had let both food and control become false gods, turning to them instead of to Christ.

Because these posts are examples of how I've applied these Bible verses to my life, they don't necessarily reflect the whole meaning of the Bible verse. Debbie

Links to Other Blogs I Felt Led to Create Below: