Since I have used this Bible passage as an example of how the Lord God has positively influenced my overeating, this doesn't necessarily reflect the whole meaning of the verse. Debbie

COE Support Note:

If you REALLY want to read how Christ helped me throughout this weight loss and even when I was tempted, you should read some of the 100's of previous posts on https://christianovereaterssupport.blogspot.com/

Am I Following Through?

James 2: 14 What doth it profit, my brethren, though a man say he hath faith, and have not works? Can faith save him? 15 If a brother or sister be naked, and destitute of daily food, 16 And one of you say unto them, Depart in peace, be ye warmed and filled; notwithstanding ye give them not those things which are needful to the body; what doth it profit? 17 Even so faith, if it hath not works, is dead, being alone.

All those years that I was overeating, I would get angry if I didn’t eat. It was a priority for me to make sure there was going to be food for me. I’m ashamed to say, that I probably spent more time trying to figure out if there would be enough food for me than I spent trying to see if there would be enough food for my family.

Fortunately for me, Christ showed me that food and the planning of food, and the planning of weight loss had totally controlled my life and had become a false god to me. I was turning to these instead of turning to my Lord and Savior in times of stress, worry, etc. instead of turning to Him.

Since He’s shown me these things and I started putting my food, body, and eating in His capable hands each day, not much time is focused on these. It’s much more productive that I’m focused on being the Christian I should be… but does that mean I am spending enough time focusing on making sure that others have enough to eat. Their needs are basic needs and many go hungry. Sure, I do some token donations and give for food drives, but do I spend enough time on a regular basis making sure others are provided for. Unfortunately, I can’t honestly say that I do. I’m going to have to be prayerful about this and being open to doing God’s will for others.
Because these posts are examples of how I've applied these Bible verses to my life, they don't necessarily reflect the whole meaning of the Bible verse. Debbie

Links to Other Blogs I Felt Led to Create Below: