Since I have used this Bible passage as an example of how the Lord God has positively influenced my overeating, this doesn't necessarily reflect the whole meaning of the verse. Debbie

COE Support Note:

If you REALLY want to read how Christ helped me throughout this weight loss and even when I was tempted, you should read some of the 100's of previous posts on https://christianovereaterssupport.blogspot.com/

I Missed the Boat!

Acts 20:32 And now, brethren, I commend you to God, and to the word of His grace, which is able to build you up, and to give you an inheritance among all them which are sanctified.

All those years I was a compulsive overeater, I felt unworthy. I felt unworthy of God’s grace. I felt unworthy of nice friends. I felt unworthy of a healthy relationship. I felt unworthy of respect from others. Why? Maybe that’s because I equated God’s grace, nice friends, healthy relationships and respect from others and healthy self-esteem with an elusive weight loss, but I missed the boat!

As Christ showed me that food and trying to be in control of my life had become a false god, because I turned to them in time of stress, worry, etc., instead of turning to Christ to get me through those events. Once He showed me what I was doing, I started putting these issues into His very capable hands. Even before I started losing weight, I felt God’s grace in all aspects of my life. I felt drawn to nice friends and healthy relationships. Actually, I felt that it’s better to be without either to have unhealthy friendships and relationships. Healthy ones were worth waiting for. Also, when I started putting my life and worries into Christ’s hands, I felt better about myself and felt that others respected me more than ever before in my life.

The weight did start coming off, because I was no longer turning to food for solace. I turned to Christ instead. Christ has allowed me to lose over 80 pounds and to keep the vast majority of it off for over 30 years. When I start falling back into old patterns, I try to turn immediately to the Lord. It’s not as much because I don’t want to gain the weight back, but it’s because I don’t want my old life back when I feel unworthy of God’s grace, nice friends, healthy relationships, respect from others and good self-esteem. He picks me back up and aims me in the right direction. Reading the Bible daily has been something that keeps me from slipping far from Our Lord.

Because these posts are examples of how I've applied these Bible verses to my life, they don't necessarily reflect the whole meaning of the Bible verse. Debbie

Links to Other Blogs I Felt Led to Create Below: