Since I have used this Bible passage as an example of how the Lord God has positively influenced my overeating, this doesn't necessarily reflect the whole meaning of the verse. Debbie

COE Support Note:

If you REALLY want to read how Christ helped me throughout this weight loss and even when I was tempted, you should read some of the 100's of previous posts on https://christianovereaterssupport.blogspot.com/

Not Giving Up

Pray continually. 1 Thessalonians 5:17

There have been times I've prayed about things, but had given up hope because it had been so long that I figured that God didn't want those particular things for me. I used to pray for yeats for God to have me lose weight. I figured that since all the millions of diets I had tried didn't work, that I may be heavy forever, but that wasn't the case.

One day, after spending most of my life heavy, I told God that I had given up. If He ever wanted me to be thin, He'd have to do it, because I couldn't. I think it may have been the first time I was giivng up control in my life and turning it over to Christ. Trying to be in control of all aspects of my life meant I wasn't trusting God to take care of me.

Once I gave up the control, God took the urges for large quantities of food away. He also took the cravings for sugar and carbs away, as well.  When I put my food, body, eating and stress in Christ's  very capable hands, the weight was coming off, but this time I wasn't in control, but Christ was. He allowed me to lose over 80 pounds and has allowed the vast majority of the weight to stay off for over 30 years. Never stop praying. Things happen on God's timing and not ours!

Since I am applying these Bible Verses to my life, it may not convey the whole meaning of the verses. Debbie

Links to Other Blogs I Felt Led to Create Below: