Since I have used this Bible passage as an example of how the Lord God has positively influenced my overeating, this doesn't necessarily reflect the whole meaning of the verse. Debbie

COE Support Note:

If you REALLY want to read how Christ helped me throughout this weight loss and even when I was tempted, you should read some of the 100's of previous posts on https://christianovereaterssupport.blogspot.com/

Light Shine in our Hearts

2 Corinthians 4:7 For God, who commanded the light to shine out of darkness hath shined in our hearts, to give the light of the knowledge of the glory of God in the face of Jesus Christ. 

There was a time when I was extremely overweight that my heart was so full of self-loathing, that I could not see the Light of Christ shining through. It isn't that He wasn't there. I just filled up my heart with guilt, anger, fear, etc. which skewed my vision.

First of all, I didn't feel lovable and deserving of Christ's love. If I didn't love myself, how could Christ love me? Well, it doesn't work that way. We don't have to be deserving of Christ's love. He know we are sinners and we all have vices of one kind or another. He just wants us to turn to Him and ask Him to heal us and fill our hearts with His love.

I know. He did it for me and He doesn't turn His back on me if I slip off my food program, gain some weight back, or act in less than a Christian manner (although He'd prefer I didn't do these things.) Jesus' light shines through the midst of all these negative things and much worse. He loves us as we are and wants us to feel His love in our lives. All we need to do is say, "Jesus, please come into my life and let me see your light." If you genuinely mean it, He will.

Since I am applying these Bible Verses to my life, it may not convey the whole meaning of the verses. Debbie

Links to Other Blogs I Felt Led to Create Below: