Since I have used this Bible passage as an example of how the Lord God has positively influenced my overeating, this doesn't necessarily reflect the whole meaning of the verse. Debbie

COE Support Note:

If you REALLY want to read how Christ helped me throughout this weight loss and even when I was tempted, you should read some of the 100's of previous posts on https://christianovereaterssupport.blogspot.com/

Do I Sing to the Lord a New Song or Do I Go Around Complaining?

Sing to the Lord a new song, for He has done marvelous things. Psalm 98:1

When I just read this, it's making me do a lot of soul searching. Christ has allowed me to lose 80+ pounds and to keep the vast majority of it off for over 30 years. Do I sing to the Lord a new song or do I go around complaining?

I wish I could say that I spent the biggest part of each day rejoicing in all the wonderful things Christ has done for me, the biggest of these is that He's given His life for my sins, as well as yours!

Unfortunately, I probably slip into a less than thankful routine more often than not, but it doesn't have to stay this way. 

If He could heal my compulsive overeating, He can most certainly can change my attitude of gratefulness, if I'm willing to let Him. All I have to do is pray and ask Him, but it's best to pray for it every day the same way I pray for God to heal my food, body and eating every day. I have so much to sing about, because Christ has given so much to me and you and all of us!

Since I am applying these Bible Verses to my life, it may not convey the whole meaning of the verses. Debbie

Links to Other Blogs I Felt Led to Create Below: