Since I have used this Bible passage as an example of how the Lord God has positively influenced my overeating, this doesn't necessarily reflect the whole meaning of the verse. Debbie

COE Support Note:

If you REALLY want to read how Christ helped me throughout this weight loss and even when I was tempted, you should read some of the 100's of previous posts on https://christianovereaterssupport.blogspot.com/

Can I Ever Be Good Enough to Earn the Weight Loss Miracle Christ Did in My Life?

In Him we have redemption through His blood, the forgiveness of sins. Ephesians 1:7

Can I ever be good enough to earn the weight loss miracle Christ did in my life? So you might wonder how big of a weight loss it was for me to consider it a miracle? You might wonder what exactly happened to make me think this weight loss was something from Christ and not just a good diet? You might also want to know if this was just some temporary fluke that I attributed to Christ? These would all be good questions and I'm prayerful I will give you the answers you need.

I had been overweight most of my childhood and was to the point that my size 18 pants no longer had elastic in the waistband, but I was too embarrassed to buy more. I know I weighed more than 200 pounds, but stopped weighing myself at that point, because I didn't want to know the truth-it was too depressing! I had been on a bazillion diets, many of them several times. I even had acupuncture staples put in my ears to make me loose weight? Did any of these work? Another great question!

I lost weight on some of the diets, but I would end up gaining more weight than I originally started with. I even went on my Best diet and stayed really closely to it, but lost a negligible amount of weight that rolled back on before I knew it. The acupuncture only made made part of my ear swell, because I had an allergic reaction to the metal. The only thing I lost with that was the money for the acupuncture and for the antibiotics for the infection I got.

I got to the point that I had tried most of the sound diets and many that defied all logic. I felt it was hopeless and I was given up as I prayed to Christ telling Him that. I also told Him that I can't do it and if He ever wanted me to be thin He'd have to do it, because I couldn't! You know what? I wasn't expecting anything to happen. I was just giving up and giving God notice of it, but it was that very same day Christ took the urge for large quantities of food away and the craving for sweets and carbs. I didn't do anything, but those cravings were just gone! 

Amazed, I watched the next day and the next. It wasn't my imagination, and I didn't feel tempted by or deprived of those foods that used to call my name...and not for just one serving either. I used to eat the majority of a fruit pie and push the top down on the crust to make it look like more.

Christ allowed me to lose over 80 pounds and that was without exercising, although I realize they are important to keep your body fit. It wasn't just some fluke thing either, because Christ has allowed me to keep the vast majority of that weight off for over 30 years. So, am I perfect and deserving of this miracle? Most definitely not! There are times when I falter and fall back into old eating patterns when I'm stressed, but fortunately when I pray and ask for Christ's help, He picks up the pieces and refocuses me. 

Do  I feel more deserving of this miracle than other Christians? Most definitely not! I still lose my cool, at times, am less than patient and have focused more on my needs than those of the less fortunate, I'm embarrassed to say. Why do you think Christ did this miracle for you then? I can't tell you for sure, but the one thing that has crossed my mind many times over the years is that this was the first time I ever gave up total control in my life and surrendered it to Christ.

What is a major lesson you have learned through this weight loss miracle? Another good question! I found that I used to turn to food every time I was upset, stressed, happy, worried, etc. Christ showed me that I had allowed food to become a false god in my life, turning to food in times of stress or joy instead of turning to Him. I found that when I had that gnawing "I can eat the door knobs off" feeling in the pit of my stomach, I was usually stressed and needed to put it into Christ's very capable hands. What is the one thing you'd like to pass on to others? If Christ has healed so many of my vices by putting control of my life into His very capable hands, He can most certainly do the same for you!

Since I am applying these Bible Verses to my life, it may not convey the whole meaning of the verses. Debbie

Links to Other Blogs I Felt Led to Create Below: