Since I have used this Bible passage as an example of how the Lord God has positively influenced my overeating, this doesn't necessarily reflect the whole meaning of the verse. Debbie

COE Support Note:

If you REALLY want to read how Christ helped me throughout this weight loss and even when I was tempted, you should read some of the 100's of previous posts on https://christianovereaterssupport.blogspot.com/

Being Treated with Love and Respect

Dear friends, since God so loved us, we also ought to love one another. 1 John 4:11

I guess I'm feeling torn right now on this topic. I used to think people would only treat me with love and respect if I were thin. Then, when I was thin, I thought people would only treat me with love and respect if I had a decent job. When I had a decent job, I thought people would only treat me with love and respect if I had nice clothes. When I had nice clothes, I thought people would only treat me with love and respect if I had a decent car. When I had a decent car, I thought people would only treat me with love and respect if I had an advanced degree. When I had an advanced degree, I thought people would only treat me with respect if I....

We can spend our whole lives chasing after the love and respect of others, but that can be an endless road. I know. I've been there!

This is what I found. First of all, people tend to love and respect people who love and respect themselves. It took me a long time to learn this lesson, but Christ never gave up on me. What I was shown was that once you love and respect yourself, you really don't feel the need to go after the love and respect of others. Additionally, I learned, that when you love and respect yourself, you are more free to share love and respect with others!

Since I am applying these Bible Verses to my life, it may not convey the whole meaning of the verses. Debbie

Links to Other Blogs I Felt Led to Create Below: