Since I have used this Bible passage as an example of how the Lord God has positively influenced my overeating, this doesn't necessarily reflect the whole meaning of the verse. Debbie

COE Support Note:

If you REALLY want to read how Christ helped me throughout this weight loss and even when I was tempted, you should read some of the 100's of previous posts on https://christianovereaterssupport.blogspot.com/

I Want It Now!

Is not wisdom found among the aged? Does not long life bring understanding? Job 12:12

When I wrote this Bible passage, I am reminded of the character, Veruca Salt, in Willy Wonka. She is known by wanting lots of things and wanting them now!

Well, it seems that I've been that way with many things over the years, especially related to my weight and eating. In the earlier years, I let food control my life and turned to it like a false god rather than turning my joys, fears and stress over to Christ's very capable hands. When I had a craving for some food, I remember wanting it now, in a similar fashion to Veruca. I might make the food item or make a special trip to the store just to get it. I did not want to wait for it.

Also, during that period of time, I wanted to be thin and I wanted it now! It didn't seem fair that some people should be thin and I wasn't. I was resentful and that probably played out in my eating and my interactions with others.

Fortunately, I started reading the Bible every day. I read the wisdom that God shared through His followers. I also read how many fell into patterns of letting worldly things and false gods lead them astray from the truth. The more I read the Bible daily, I could feel Christ's truth and let it guide my day and actions. 

I started turning to Christ with my joys, fears, and stress. It made an amazing difference in my life. I felt a sense of calm that I had never felt before on a regular basis. In the past, I had always hoped food would soothe all my worries, but all it did was make things worse. Not only did I still have the worry, but I, then, had all the excess weight and guilt of over eating to contend with.

My life was so much better when I started to turn things over to Christ's very capable hands. He, also, took care of my over eating when I gave up trying to be in control of everything and finally turn to Christ,  instead. I've been very blessed with losing 80+ pounds and Christ's allowing the vast majority of it to stay off for over 30 years.

Since I am applying these Bible Verses to my life, it may not convey the whole meaning of the verses. Debbie

Links to Other Blogs I Felt Led to Create Below: