Since I have used this Bible passage as an example of how the Lord God has positively influenced my overeating, this doesn't necessarily reflect the whole meaning of the verse. Debbie

COE Support Note:

If you REALLY want to read how Christ helped me throughout this weight loss and even when I was tempted, you should read some of the 100's of previous posts on https://christianovereaterssupport.blogspot.com/

Money, Money, Money

Can any one of you by worrying add a single hour to your life? Matthew 6:27

There was a time I used to worry about money almost all the time! I would spend a big portion of my day figuring out our budget or recalculating it. I would always be looking for the deals or reading schemes and tips to put a little extra money in your pocket. I spent many a day eating over my concerns of not having enough money to pay our expenses. I had faith in God, but that was back in the time when I was asking God to help ME figure out our finances. Help ME to ensure there would be enough money to pay our bills and buy food for the family.

It wasn't until later when Christ had shown me that I was turning to food in times of stress instead of turning to Him, I had been making food a false god. In a similar fashion, I had been making the fear of not having enough money a false god, as well,  because I wasn't turning these concerns over to Christ's very capable hands.

Once He showed me what I had been doing, I started putting my food, body, needs, and stress in God's hands while also asking Him for a willingness to turn these over to Him. When I did, I had such a calm feeling come over me. I didn't have to fret or spent my every waking minute trying to budget or to worry about it. I knew Christ would take care of our needs if I let Him. Of course, that meant living within my means and not making frivolous impulse purchases. God never said He'd give you the newest technology you may desire, but He will take care of all our basic needs if we trust Him to. 

What I found when I started turning these over to Him, was that we weren't short of enough money to pay our bills at the end of the month and had the food we needed, all without the stress! It amazed me at how much time I wasted all those years stressed about these things when I could have turned them over into Christ's very capable hands all along!

Since I am applying these Bible Verses to my life, it may not convey the whole meaning of the verses. Debbie

Links to Other Blogs I Felt Led to Create Below: