Since I have used this Bible passage as an example of how the Lord God has positively influenced my overeating, this doesn't necessarily reflect the whole meaning of the verse. Debbie

COE Support Note:

If you REALLY want to read how Christ helped me throughout this weight loss and even when I was tempted, you should read some of the 100's of previous posts on https://christianovereaterssupport.blogspot.com/

Open to Adjustments

For God is not the author of confusion, but of peace, as in all churches of the saints. 1 Corinthians 14:33 

Although this isn't what this is verse is talking about, I am applying it to my eating. After finding my pants had become unbearably tight, I could no longer convince myself in believing that I was bloated. I had to honestly admit that my eating had gotten sloppy and I had gained some of the weight back that God had allowed me to lose over 30 years ago. There's also the other implication, if my food was being sloppy, then my relationship with Christ was being sloppy, as well.

My husband was excited that we were going to be eating breakfast at a bowling alley, but I wasn't. I was trying harder to turn my food, body, and eating over into Christ's all capable hands. While I'm writing this, I realize that no amount of my trying harder ever led to the 80+ pounds that Christ allowed me to lose. It was being open to letting Christ be in control of my eating, food, and body while turning my stress over into His very capable hands.

Here's an example of things that I knew I shouldn't eat: a stack of pancakes, a big egg and meat breakfast with biscuits and gravy, or a big egg breakfast smothered with gravy. I was having a difficult time as I frantically tried to find something on their menu that would work for me. Then, I saw an egg sandwich. Once Christ had me realize this was an option, I felt a calm come over me. I ordered the egg sandwich and asked them if they would just make me the egg and one piece of wheat toast and they did. Not only did it only cost us $2.50, it kept me within my eating program. I have to be open to adjustments when eating out for God is not the author of confusion, but peace! For God is not the author of confusion, but of peace, as in all churches of the saints. 1 Corinthians 14:33

Links to Other Blogs I Felt Led to Create Below: