Since I have used this Bible passage as an example of how the Lord God has positively influenced my overeating, this doesn't necessarily reflect the whole meaning of the verse. Debbie

COE Support Note:

If you REALLY want to read how Christ helped me throughout this weight loss and even when I was tempted, you should read some of the 100's of previous posts on https://christianovereaterssupport.blogspot.com/

Be Not Afraid...Of Gaining All the Weight Back-

John 6: 19 So when they had towed about five and twenty or thirty furlongs, they see Jesus walkng on the sea, and drawing nigh unto the ship: and they were afraid. 20 But He saith unto them, It is I; be not afraid.

When I lost the 80+ pounds over thirty years ago, I was so thankful God had done this miracle in my life! I still couldn't believe that I fit into smaller sized clothes that I never thought I'd be able to wear again. My church was having a rummage sale. At first, I thought I'd have plenty to donate, because I had a variety of sizes of clothes in my cloest representative of going from being heavy to a healthy weight.

I looked through my closet, but as I examined the clothes, I thought I shouldn't get rid of my variety of larger outfits in case I gained the weight back. God and I struggled over this. What He showed me was, that when I'm keeping my heavy clothes in case I gain the weight back, I'm not trusting God to continue to take care of me and my weight loss. God is the one who did this major miracle in my life. If I didn't fight Him or get sloppy with my relationship with Him or my food, God will continue to take care of me. I needed to remember: Be not afraid...of gaining the weight back and to focus on God.  John 6: 19 So when they had towed about five and twenty or thirty furlongs, they see Jesus walkng on the sea, and drawing nigh unto the ship: and they were afraid. 20 But He saith unto them, It is I; be not afraid.

P.S. Most of you know that after 30 years, I did eventually gain about a third of the weight back, but the vast majority of the weight stayed off. Then, when I started turning my sloppy eating and my sloppy relationship with God back over to Him, He had even that extra weight gain come off. Be not afraid...of gaining the weight back and focus on God. 

Since this is an example of the positive influence God has made on my overeating, this may not reflect the whole meaning of the Bible verses.





Links to Other Blogs I Felt Led to Create Below: